As a nubber, Do I need to know how to play every role before playing ranked?

#41cdemaresPosted 1/14/2013 7:45:09 PM
You have until level 30 before you're even allowed. That a really long time, I'm like, at 17 or something. You might as well try every role a dozen times for variety's sake. You have that kind of time.
#42Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:45:58 PM
cdemares posted...
You have until level 30 before you're even allowed. That a really long time, I'm like, at 17 or something. You might as well try every role a dozen times for variety's sake. You have that kind of time.

Ya I realized that now lol.
Long time.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#43JaggiJumperPosted 1/14/2013 9:03:14 PM
TheConductorSix posted...
The point of normal games is learning how to hold lane against any champ in any lane. You neednt win, just go even. Once you can do that in any.lane youre ready for ranked.

The problem is that most people come in with the call of duty mindset of seeing early levels as a means of acquiring the best weapons, in this case champions.

Before you attempt your first ranked Game you should have 2-3 champions youre very comfortable with, a role you Excel in, and the ability to play any role to an even level as your opponent.

^
I main mid, yet last game, forced to play my worst role (top), I won lane pretty hard as Garen even though I got camped and the enemy picked after AND I had my Akali runes/masteries (I had no resists, just scaling AP, 6 AD and a little bit of magic pen.

tl; dr: I won lane hard in extremely unfavourable circumstances even though top is my worst role. Be competent in all roles.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#44Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:10:48 PM
JaggiJumper posted...
The point of normal games is learning how to hold lane against any champ in any lane. You neednt win, just go even. Once you can do that in any.lane youre ready for ranked.

The problem is that most people come in with the call of duty mindset of seeing early levels as a means of acquiring the best weapons, in this case champions.

Before you attempt your first ranked Game you should have 2-3 champions youre very comfortable with, a role you Excel in, and the ability to play any role to an even level as your opponent.

^
I main mid, yet last game, forced to play my worst role (top), I won lane pretty hard as Garen even though I got camped and the enemy picked after AND I had my Akali runes/masteries (I had no resists, just scaling AP, 6 AD and a little bit of magic pen.

tl; dr: I won lane hard in extremely unfavourable circumstances even though top is my worst role. Be competent in all roles.

Ya I guess its time for me to play something completely different than Jax all the time.
Its time for .....Olaf :)
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
#45JaggiJumperPosted 1/14/2013 9:14:23 PM
Mander1861 posted...
JaggiJumper posted...

^

Ya I guess its time for me to play something completely different than Jax all the time.

Olaf/Jax/Panth aren't roles. ATM Panth can go anywhere but not for long.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#46gaara999999Posted 1/14/2013 9:14:48 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
after about 200 normals after reaching level 30, go play ranked

understand and proficiently play all roles. You can specialize, but be able to do anything and still be helpful to your team.

When I play normals does it rank you with anyone or people within your level range?

It ranks you with people that have similar skill levels.

Low Elo players say know how to play every role.
High Elo players say play one role, and preferably just one champion in that role.

I WONDER WHICH GROUP WE SHOULD BE LISTENING TO.

Yet still, high elo players know how to play every role. If they don't get their preferred role, they just go to another lane.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#47pectus_umbraPosted 1/14/2013 9:17:14 PM
kirbyakaZ posted...
It wont even let you play ranked until level 30. Also, try all the free week champs, but you should really be saving up for teir 3 runes at 20.

This. By the time you get to even play ranked, you won't be a complete nub. Though, as a supplement, you should do some basic reading or watch videos about things like ganking, jungling, supporting, making sure you don't die, and so on.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#48Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:25:37 PM
JaggiJumper posted...
Mander1861 posted...
JaggiJumper posted...

^

Olaf/Jax/Panth aren't roles. ATM Panth can go anywhere but not for long.

Ya I know I was just kidding. :)
---