Why did Riot overnerf AD Carries?

#11Aphoristic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:23:48 PM
They made Doran's Blades a waste of gold to purchase. If you get an IE + Vamp Scepter, you get the same stats as before for 320 more gold (weren't they lowering AD costs?) Once you upgrade to a BT, you end up losing 10 AD and 2% life steal, but at least you save 30 gold. Last Whisper is worse, and they are futher nerfing it by giving it a higher gold cost next patch. GA's passive is 1100 gold now, and it heals you for less as you will have less than 2500 health and 1250 mana as an AD Carry. You also lose 7% of your mobility, plus the 2% from the masteries that you could have taken are now useless.

There are just so many things that made AD carries worse. Your early game is worse without the Doran's Blades, but you delay your late game by getting them. Your end game is significantly weaker now, especially without the movement speed you used to have (boot enchantments don't make up for it either). And again, Warden's Mail being a constant attack speed slow is ridiculous.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#12ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/14/2013 6:32:11 PM
Aphoristic posted...
I just typed a post and clicked a button and its all gone... ****.

So what the hell Riot. They made Doran's Blades useless, Vamp+Infinity Edge are worse. Blood Thirster, Last Whisper, and Guardian Angel are worse. Phantom Dance got neutered. To top it off, we now have opponents able to get a constant attack speed slow for free. Seriously, what is going on.

Yeah my original post had more reasons, but I'm not retyping that.

except the part where dorans blades are a lot stronger early game (where they belong)
infinity edge isnt changed. blood thirster got buffed. last whisper is still the sme more or less. GA is a little cheaper if i recall right. phantom dancer got more passives to it plus they added in statik shiv which works on many ad carries. Opponents were always able to lower attack speed. randuins/frozen heart has always been there. :/

defense as a whole got nerfed really. while offense got buffed. black cleaver works on a lot of ad carries now. or it can go on your mid now. having a 4 ad team + support can actually work cause of all the armour shred/penetration.

but anyway...yeah you're wrong.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#13CovenantPosted 1/14/2013 6:38:11 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
GujinKami posted...
AP + Support bot new meta

No. Text added to make the spoiler tag longer.

this is out of control

I can stop whenever I want!
#14g-cube_mastaPosted 1/14/2013 6:40:48 PM
you've added spoiler tags to my comment that you were quoting

you have a serious condition
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#15CovenantPosted 1/14/2013 6:45:00 PM
My response also had six nested spoiler tags.

I had to edit the post because each individual word in my response couldn't have its own spoiler tag, due to the 10 spoiler tag maximum.

I don't see the problem.
#16Aphoristic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:46:21 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
Aphoristic posted...

So what the hell Riot. They made Doran's Blades useless, Vamp+Infinity Edge are worse. Blood Thirster, Last Whisper, and Guardian Angel are worse. Phantom Dance got neutered. To top it off, we now have opponents able to get a constant attack speed slow for free. Seriously, what is going on.

except the part where dorans blades are a lot stronger early game (where they belong)
infinity edge isnt changed. blood thirster got buffed. last whisper is still the sme more or less. GA is a little cheaper if i recall right. phantom dancer got more passives to it plus they added in statik shiv which works on many ad carries. Opponents were always able to lower attack speed. randuins/frozen heart has always been there. :/

defense as a whole got nerfed really. while offense got buffed. black cleaver works on a lot of ad carries now. or it can go on your mid now. having a 4 ad team + support can actually work cause of all the armour shred/penetration.

Why would I waste 950 gold on items that do not help me carry late game, which is my entire goal as an AD Carry? Once you start dealing more than 167 damage you are losing with the new Doran's Blade, plus it sells back for 10% less of it's original gold cost now. It's just not worth it.

Infinity Edge lost 10 AD and 30 gold cost. Bloodthrister lost 2% life steal (definitely not a buff, WTF.) GA still costs the same and gives you less stats and a worse revive. Phantom Dancer got the ignore unit collision passive which isn't really the most useful thing on a ranged character. It's rare that I would say I need it. Statikk Shiv gives you significantly less stats with that passive that is situational. Randulins/Frozen Heart took far longer to build than a Warden's Mail which you can get at a fraction of the price of either, and you aren't pressured to immediately upgrade it either.

Black Cleaver works on few AD Carries. Only Corki has an ability to instantly apply all 4 stacks in a 1v1 situation. MF requires her ultimate to use it. Nobody else takes advantage of it. Plus it costs more than a LW and gives you less penetration.

your more wronger than this sentence
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#17SackBoiPosted 1/14/2013 6:53:54 PM
No ADC need a buff assassins are fine I think, but I carry harder as any assassin then I can with an ADC, not because assassins are op, just because ADC are UP even compared to tanks and others seems like they do no damage.
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#18professor xPosted 1/14/2013 7:47:33 PM
Aphoristic posted...
ssj4supervegeta posted...
Aphoristic posted...

Why would I waste 950 gold on items that do not help me carry late game, which is my entire goal as an AD Carry? Once you start dealing more than 167 damage you are losing with the new Doran's Blade, plus it sells back for 10% less of it's original gold cost now. It's just not worth it.

Infinity Edge lost 10 AD and 30 gold cost. Bloodthrister lost 2% life steal (definitely not a buff, WTF.) GA still costs the same and gives you less stats and a worse revive. Phantom Dancer got the ignore unit collision passive which isn't really the most useful thing on a ranged character. It's rare that I would say I need it. Statikk Shiv gives you significantly less stats with that passive that is situational. Randulins/Frozen Heart took far longer to build than a Warden's Mail which you can get at a fraction of the price of either, and you aren't pressured to immediately upgrade it either.

Black Cleaver works on few AD Carries. Only Corki has an ability to instantly apply all 4 stacks in a 1v1 situation. MF requires her ultimate to use it. Nobody else takes advantage of it. Plus it costs more than a LW and gives you less penetration.

your more wronger than this sentence

The point of early game item is you help you...early game? Why would you waste gold items that do not help you carry late game? Because if you lose badly early game there WONT BE a late game for you.

The minor nerf to AD is completely lost compare to the mega nerf to Armor and MR. Plus the biggest change is flat pen apply after % pen. This is a broken buff to all glass canon champs. Old GA was a broken item, and you make it sound like only AD carry builds it. They nerfed GA so gold advantage doesn't automatically win team fight. Statikk Shiv is an extremely good item that builds out of a GP5 item, you are insane if you think its bad in anyway. I'm not even sure what your last point was, but warden's upgrade sucks on anyone that isn't a frontline. The preferred defensive item is now Warmongs, and its only counter is a AD carry with crits.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#19BerserkFGriffthPosted 1/14/2013 7:55:06 PM
You are the first person I've ever seen who says that BT is worse in S3..

It's not, by the way.
---
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Coraline%20Pics/132507-hunter-x-hunter-pitou-hunter-x-hunter_zpsab5136bf.jpg