How do higher Elo/Pro matches play?

#11ISamfisherIPosted 1/15/2013 4:34:26 PM
Kuroth_Neidra posted...
Map awareness separates pros from casuals. Probably more than any other single thing.

Nah, mechanics do.

Strategy and map awareness is useless if you don't have the mechanical skills to support yourself and your team.
#12trunks76140(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:52:32 PM
ISamfisherI posted...
Nah, mechanics do.

Strategy and map awareness is useless if you don't have the mechanical skills to support yourself and your team.

So like 6 people in this thread have said pretty much the exact opposite... so who am I supposed to believe here.

Now if by mechanics you're meaning something like having good reflexes, typing decently fast (but not like lightning), ok mouse control... Well those I do have some of. Maybe not as much as I've seen on streams, but I have been playing games for a long time, mostly on the PC. So of course some of those things are going to come with that time spent playing games.
#13JaggiJumperPosted 1/16/2013 12:01:08 AM
trunks76140 posted...
ISamfisherI posted...
Nah, mechanics do.

So like 6 people in this thread have said pretty much the exact opposite... so who am I supposed to believe here.

Now if by mechanics you're meaning something like having good reflexes, typing decently fast (but not like lightning), ok mouse control... Well those I do have some of. Maybe not as much as I've seen on streams, but I have been playing games for a long time, mostly on the PC. So of course some of those things are going to come with that time spent playing games.

Don't believe ISamfishI
He's high elo = he's lying to you to stop your elo gain.

Basically, maining Trundle is one of the easiest ways to gain elo due to his absurd dueling strength.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#14TomorrowDogPosted 1/16/2013 12:36:00 AM
You can only get away with having lesser mechanics if you're jungling. Otherwise you're more than likely going to get eaten alive if you're stuck in a lane with a superior opponent.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#15trunks76140(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:41:21 AM
JaggiJumper posted...
Don't believe ISamfishI
He's high elo = he's lying to you to stop your elo gain.

Someone needs to read the topic again for sure then rofl. I mean I'm not even level 30 yet and on good days can only get in 2-3 games due to my busy schedule (which I don't think I said before now...). I mean lets be honest, unless I was ALREADY a Pro what are the chances of me even becoming "competition" for him? 1%? .1%? I mean really, I'm getting like 80xp a game or something, unless it goes up at higher levels thats a LOT of games to play to have to level to even play ranked.

Anyways, on a more serious note... Out of interest just how are you all describing mechanical skill? Just what I said with like fast reflexes and stuff? Or is there something more to it like how in SC2 the pros have like 10 bajillion things they are doing every second?