I'm summoner level 22.

#21TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 1/15/2013 11:52:05 AM(edited)
Don't take smite, use Exhaust instead. As a support you don't get CS when your ADC is there (it's ok to take a few if they recalled and you're left alone in lane) since they need it waaaaay more, so your objective is to protect your ADC and annoy theirs. Wait for their minion wave to start attacking your minions, then move past the minions and be a jerk to the enemy ADC like "you want minions? huh? huh? didn't think so." The objective is to make the enemy so afraid of you that they won't come near their minions. This keeps their ADC from getting as much farm as your ADC who's now safe to CS without being harassed. Of course, if they're not afraid of you, don't keep overextending past the minions and taking their ranged harass. In that case you'll have to play a bit smarter, staying at about your minions and harassing them if they try to mess with your ADC or if they get too close.

Smite is bad for a support because 1, you're taking CS from your ADC (their items are extremely expensive and they need them to carry the game, and as a support you should build items that give gold over time so you get enough for an item here or there and wards) and 2, you're wasting a summoner skill slot where you could get something far more useful. With Smite you get a minion every once in a while and get some gold for it. With Exhaust you can reduce the enemy ADC's MS by 30% and their AS by 50%, which will help your ADC get kills, which gets them more gold, which increases your chances of winning the game a lot more than a few extra gold for you.

Imagine if your ADC is about to get a kill on theirs, but they're running away. Throw exhaust, they're slowed by 30%, you just got that kill for your ADC. What if their ADC jumps on your ADC? Use Bloodboil on yours (+65% AS), use Ice Blast on theirs (-25% AS), now use Exhaust (-50% AS -30% MS). By the time you've used Exhaust they realized they screwed up, but there's no escaping, and by the time Exhaust wears off you can just use Ice Blast again to slow them down and secure the kill.

Run Flash/Exhaust, CV/Exhaust, or Heal/Exhaust (I prefer Flash/Exhaust). You will never see a lv30 use Smite in any role but jungle. And if you want to become good at support please learn about lane presence. Extending and scaring their ADC away from CS = Good. Sitting in a bush waiting for them to make the first move = VERY VERY BAD.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#22MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:11:05 PM
I guess I like smite because it lets me try to carry a little harder when I inevitably find that my carry sucks and I've blown my first 5 levels on blood boil. I wouldn't mind trying exhaust if I knew I could trust the carry.
#23crondizzlePosted 1/15/2013 6:13:05 PM
you should quit the game right now, and all video games in general if you actually played that many bot games. i recommend watching grass grow, or watching paint dry, those are arguably more skilled activities.
#24MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:58:24 PM
crondizzle posted...
you should quit the game right now, and all video games in general if you actually played that many bot games. i recommend watching grass grow, or watching paint dry, those are arguably more skilled activities.

Bot games are way more fun than watching grass grow.
#25WafflesquadPosted 1/15/2013 7:33:01 PM
I'm summoner level 9. I suck so horribly that a team I was on was forced to surrender at 20. Against bots. Easy bots.
No matter how much you suck, I will always suck more.
---
Ask me about warspoons.
#26Zyx-WhitewindPosted 1/15/2013 7:54:53 PM
TCs name...

Not a troll?
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...