Best way to learn to use active items?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Best way to learn to use active items?
2 years ago#1
Like Deathfire Grasp? I can't get used to it. I have always played ADC exclusively and I am now trying to branch out but using DFG with some AP champs I end up putting my fingers in 1234 instead of QWER and messing up. Clicking is to slow.

I use potions with 2 by moving my ring finger from W but in a situation where I need DFG to then click the enemy champ and keep bursting I fail.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
2 years ago#2
Smart cast item slot 2.

I feel like it helps.
---
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6840/mathz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iB1sU.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/juliaxx/Picture56.jpg Free stuff!
2 years ago#3
A desire to win more than the other guy.
2 years ago#4
I learnt how to use active items best by playing games which require me to move my hand to reach specific keys on the keyboard.

I once had to do a crouch and a jump at the same time in one game. Hella mad.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
2 years ago#5
Isn't smartcast bad because I could use abilities on minions by mistake?
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
2 years ago#6
Dracovian posted...

The same could be said of non-smartcast (dumbcast? lol)

all it does is make you use the ability immediately at your mouse location instead of requiring a second click
---
IGN: Bobemmo
2 years ago#7
Smartcast all your item slots except for where you put your wards.
2 years ago#8
kirbymuncher posted...
Dracovian posted...

The same could be said of non-smartcast (dumbcast? lol)

all it does is make you use the ability immediately at your mouse location instead of requiring a second click

I know what it does but if the mouse is over a minion you are screwed. IDK. Maybe I should stop playing. Seems like I don't have the ability to learn these things.
---
2 years ago#9
Play support. Since you're already familiar with ADC playing support should be easy. You know how the matchups in the lane work, and you should know when it's a good idea to go in and when to back off.

It's very possible to have 3 active items as a support nowadays. Shurelya's, Locket, and a kage's upgrade. Even if you just have two you'll still get used to using active items in fights. Plus sightstone is best used via smartcast so that'll give you some practice too.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
2 years ago#10
Dracovian, Play 10 games where you smart cast all your spells(at least the single target ones) and you will never go back.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Best way to learn to use active items?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived