New League System in Ranked

#11ERLiNoPosted 1/15/2013 4:22:54 PM
psychoboo13 posted...
Welcome back to the days of SC2 ladder anxiety.

---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#12refmonPosted 1/15/2013 4:24:07 PM
Welcome back to the days of SC2 ladder anxiety.

---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#13hibbijoPosted 1/15/2013 4:28:31 PM
Sounds very similar but with checkpoints that you can't fall down past. Cool.
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O
#14xXDEATHXx19Posted 1/15/2013 4:30:37 PM
sounds lame as hell, i planned to start ranked at some point, but with how lame this is set up, I'm not even considering it.
#15Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/15/2013 4:32:40 PM
So...should I not do my last 5 placement matches so I might get less screwed?
---
Batten down the hatches Mr. Squidward! We're taking on water Mr. Squidward! I want my mommy Mr. Squidward!
Contacts in Profile
#16JaggiJumperPosted 1/15/2013 4:35:30 PM
zefig posted...
What happens if I lose a ranked match in the league system?

Losing a ranked game in the league system will cost some of your League Points. If you’re already at the bottom of your division, this may mean falling back to the previous division . Once you’ve earned a skill tier, however, you can never be demoted to the previous tier unless you stop playing for a prolonged period of time.

In other words, losing can never cause you to fall below 0 League Points in the lowest division of your league.

:O

Situation: 100 elo player gets elo-boosted to the top tier. Then loses 1000 straight games, yet stays at the too tier.

:/
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#17angelwkw3Posted 1/15/2013 4:38:23 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
So...should I not do my last 5 placement matches so I might get less screwed?

That's what I'm debating lol
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#18WolfMasterZeroPosted 1/15/2013 4:39:23 PM
JaggiJumper posted...
zefig posted...
What happens if I lose a ranked match in the league system?

Losing a ranked game in the league system will cost some of your League Points. If you’re already at the bottom of your division, this may mean falling back to the previous division . Once you’ve earned a skill tier, however, you can never be demoted to the previous tier unless you stop playing for a prolonged period of time.

In other words, losing can never cause you to fall below 0 League Points in the lowest division of your league.

:O

Situation: 100 elo player gets elo-boosted to the top tier. Then loses 1000 straight games, yet stays at the too tier.

:/

At the bottom of the top tier.

Yeah it's kinda stupid but since they're not changing the matchmaking system at least you have no chance of playing with him unless you're really bad
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started on 7/26/2012.
#19VoidgolemPosted 1/15/2013 4:58:27 PM
best of three to go up a tier?

I like those odds.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#20cuteboi100Posted 1/15/2013 5:06:04 PM
There is no such thing as ELO hell. Anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant and delusional with a superiority complex.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage