New League System in Ranked

#31EDumeyPosted 1/15/2013 5:48:57 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
Unnecessary. Riot is only making this change so the baddies don't feel so bad about being stuck in sub-1200s.

exactly this

it's just a way of pandering to bads

But in this case, the "bads" are actually going to form like, at least 80% of the playerbase.

I'm in support of this whole move simply because I liked the SC2 system when I played it. Ladder Fear is still there, but it can be dealt with.

One of the bigger parts of why people throw games is because they go on a losing streak after playing too much in one day. If you play all day and manage to get through a Division Series, that's an accomplishment where you're likely going to be revitalized, or simply stop playing because you've gone up in division. It's a bit of psychology, but it could actually have some effect in managing time so players don't get burnt out.

However, if Riot introduces a bonus pool, I think I'll just quit. >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#32Grey_AsakuraPosted 1/15/2013 6:01:17 PM(edited)
What happens if I lose a ranked match in the league system?

Losing a ranked game in the league system will cost some of your League Points. If you’re already at the bottom of your division, this may mean falling back to the previous division . Once you’ve earned a skill tier, however, you can never be demoted to the previous tier unless you stop playing for a prolonged period of time.

In other words, losing can never cause you to fall below 0 League Points in the lowest division of your league.

:O

whats skill tier?
and does that mean division 1 gold can never go belowe division 5 gold no mater how ****ty they are?
edit" nvm theyll get matched to bronze etc
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZuXHL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CEvtF.jpg
Delicious Erza
#33CheezWhizXPosted 1/15/2013 6:01:02 PM
EDumey posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
Unnecessary. Riot is only making this change so the baddies don't feel so bad about being stuck in sub-1200s.

exactly this

it's just a way of pandering to bads

But in this case, the "bads" are actually going to form like, at least 80% of the playerbase.

They ALREADY form at least 80%+ of the playerbase. Getting gold alone makes you like top 10% or something.

There's really no need for this change. It's just bads crying because they're bad and Riot giving into their whining.

Old system was fine.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#34djprofessork1Posted 1/15/2013 6:03:10 PM(edited)
EDumey posted...

I'm in support of this whole move simply because I liked the SC2 system when I played it. Ladder Fear is still there, but it can be dealt with.

it's just a fake way of making people think they're accomplishing something when they're not.

Like in SC2, people would be like "Hey i just got #1 in my gold league!" Yet, that means nothing, because rank #30 in another gold league could have higher points than you. And most likely 80% of your division are inactive players lol.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#35NeoAndurilPosted 1/15/2013 6:06:20 PM
Interesting to see if this will alleviate some of the 'elo hell' mentality

I don't see how it will.
#36EDumeyPosted 1/15/2013 6:12:04 PM
EDumey posted...

They ALREADY form at least 80%+ of the playerbase. Getting gold alone makes you like top 10% or something.

There's really no need for this change. It's just bads crying because they're bad and Riot giving into their whining.

Old system was fine.

I know they're already at least 80%. That's the point. The system DOES pander to them. But again. That's kind of the point.

Information is low, but I bet the "Challenger" League will be quite similar to Grandmasters in SC2 so there is still a definitive ladder for people to follow the pros. But unless you're that far up, what's wrong with people competing within their own ladder?

If you fully think it through, yes, it's no different from what's happening now, it's just fancy letterings and meaningless achievements. This won't trick the smart people. But a majority of people will be able to actually match themselves and watch their progress along with other people, and will perhaps get motivated through it to actually attempt to win games when they're near some competition with someone else in their league. Competition breeds competence.

EDumey posted...

it's just a fake way of making people think they're accomplishing something when they're not.

Like in SC2, people would be like "Hey i just got #1 in my gold league!" Yet, that means nothing, because rank #30 in another gold league could have higher points than you. And most likely 80% of your division are inactive players lol.

Alright, but how is this really different from what we have now? There are probably hundreds of thousands of players in the 1100-1300 Elo range. Are you really tracking your specific ranking through that? Do you find any pride in looking and seeing that you're a whopping 2 Elo ahead of someone on your friends list?

You shouldn't. And frankly, you probably won't with the new system either. But other people will, which is quite the feature for some people.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#37shadowtemariPosted 1/15/2013 6:23:09 PM
Still no role que to avoid mid or il feed mentality?
No build in voice chat because ppl still cant watch chat or map?
Still no vote to disband incase of trolling?
Still no ''loss forgiven'' system when getting leavers?

Its hard to play this competitively solo without any of these things present at least for me.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#38Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 6:34:21 PM
iMillatime posted...
sounds like starcraft. i like it. I'm actually interested in playing ranked once that happens.

starcrafts league and " ay to fast seasons" system sucks arse and is abused way to easily.
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#39CheezWhizXPosted 1/15/2013 7:02:10 PM
shadowtemari posted...

Its hard to play this competitively solo without any of these things present at least for me.

Role Queue forces a stale meta.

Voice chat would be the most toxic thing ever.

Vote to disband = "Hey guys, so and so is negative in ranked with a negative k/d, please vote to disband so we don't lose" before the game even starts.

Loss Forgiven = Duo Queues = "Hey dude, leave the game cuz we're losing so I get a loss forgiven."
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#40angelwkw3Posted 1/15/2013 7:36:44 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
shadowtemari posted...

Role Queue forces a stale meta.

Not really. Instead of role it could be a lane preference. Jungle/Top/Mid/Bot A/Bot B. Bot B will always be considered support while Bot A can be whatever the current meta is, as of now it would be AD carry. I really don't see anything in this game changing to where support won't be bot lane outside tourney play or lane swapping which would be discussed in queue.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3