New League System in Ranked

#41EDumeyPosted 1/15/2013 6:39:07 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
shadowtemari posted...
Still no role que to avoid mid or il feed mentality?
No build in voice chat because ppl still cant watch chat or map?
Still no vote to disband incase of trolling?
Still no ''loss forgiven'' system when getting leavers?

Its hard to play this competitively solo without any of these things present at least for me.

Role Queue forces a stale meta.

Not really. Instead of role it could be a lane preference. Jungle/Top/Mid/Bot A/Bot B. Bot B will always be considered support while Bot A can be whatever the current meta is, as of now it would be AD carry. I really don't see anything in this game changing to where support won't be bot lane outside tourney play or lane swapping which would be discussed in queue.

What if I want to go Double Jungle, Duo Top, or something otherwise wonky? A very popular setup in DotA is to have a Trilane (this is very much avoided in LoL because of how much gold our jungle can offer) but that couldn't even BEGIN to be an option with a Role Queue.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#42DiortePosted 1/15/2013 6:49:28 PM
How is this any different from just showing your current Elo and your max Elo?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#43Lord SojiroPosted 1/15/2013 6:56:01 PM
I like it. I'm one of those people who likes to have small progressions like this. Moving up through different ranks of a medal type is nice and it gives a feeling of constant progression instead of trying to move from one medal to the next (silver to gold, gold to platinum for example).
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#44Kevman510Posted 1/15/2013 7:05:52 PM
"Will one league be named 'The League of Draven'"? Lol best comment
#45g-cube_mastaPosted 1/15/2013 7:05:53 PM
Vote to disband = "Hey guys, so and so is negative in ranked with a negative k/d, please vote to disband so we don't lose" before the game even starts.

Hardly an argument against. Let them disband then. If you think it will be a neverending disband session put a limit on it (Like you can only call for a disband 3 times per hour).

Also think of surrender votes in games, they aren't that agreeable this would work the same way. If there's a legitimate troll then it would disband and either punish the troll or at least put them in a different queue.

Loss Forgiven = Duo Queues = "Hey dude, leave the game cuz we're losing so I get a loss forgiven."

Shouldn't be forgiven for the people in game, they should have the impact of the loss lessened though (in the current system, a 6 elo loss)

The people that leave get a heavier penalty. 18 elo loss in the current system plus a strike. 3 strikes and you get a 1 day suspension. Next time it is a 3 day suspension. Then a week. Then 2 weeks. Then locked out of ranked. Etc.,

I don't know why they don't have a graduated punishment system like this already in place for leavers.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#46shadowtemariPosted 1/16/2013 4:17:08 PM
EDumey posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
shadowtemari posted...
Still no role que to avoid mid or il feed mentality?
No build in voice chat because ppl still cant watch chat or map?
Still no vote to disband incase of trolling?
Still no ''loss forgiven'' system when getting leavers?

Its hard to play this competitively solo without any of these things present at least for me.

Role Queue forces a stale meta.

Not really. Instead of role it could be a lane preference. Jungle/Top/Mid/Bot A/Bot B. Bot B will always be considered support while Bot A can be whatever the current meta is, as of now it would be AD carry. I really don't see anything in this game changing to where support won't be bot lane outside tourney play or lane swapping which would be discussed in queue.

What if I want to go Double Jungle, Duo Top, or something otherwise wonky? A very popular setup in DotA is to have a Trilane (this is very much avoided in LoL because of how much gold our jungle can offer) but that couldn't even BEGIN to be an option with a Role Queue.

Tri laning isnt something anyone can successfully do. Sure voice chat helps with the less experienced that try to execute it. But still dont see why your brining tri laning up as a argument. Nothing stops you from doing it but thats up to the team and if they want to you still have your standard comp for bot mid ect. Making the choice to stray from it is up the team which pre mades dont understand which is why i think role que with vote to disband is a good idea but thats just me.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]