Static Shiv vs. Phantom Dancer on ADCs?

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Static Shiv vs. Phantom Dancer on ADCs?

User Info: Earthbound360

Earthbound360
4 years ago#1
Which one would you say is better? My friends argue that Phancer is better, but just going by a guide on Solomid, they seem to prefer the Shiv.

Thoughts?
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
Flare the Echidna 4 years ago#2
Shiv for pushing, PD when you need crits.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 years ago#3
Shiv supposedly gives you more power for it's cost if you buy it early.

User Info: Shiny_Pidgey

Shiny_Pidgey
4 years ago#4
PD gives more stats, but Shiv has a better build path, a strong passive, and more MS. Generally, the more AS you have, the better Shiv becomes.

User Info: _HeX

_HeX
4 years ago#5
Depends on the adc imo, some adcs like Ezreal have a spamable ability that benefits a lot from having shiv.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

User Info: hibbijo

hibbijo
4 years ago#6
Shiv is better because it has a higher skill cap.
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O

User Info: joonyoungie

joonyoungie
4 years ago#7
If you're super fed IE+PD is still going to net you the most damage. BT+Shyv is more cost efficient and better on ADC's with slow wave clears. IE+Shyv for LOL lightning dmg
http://i.imgur.com/fiZMB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TeSHa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBBQG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xUh6r.png

User Info: Earthbound360

Earthbound360
4 years ago#8
Between Graves and Caitlyn lets say.
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 years ago#9
Graves, I'd go Shiv most of the time.
Caitlyn, I'd go PD most of the time.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!

User Info: BeerBongJohn

BeerBongJohn
4 years ago#10
The reason why you're seeing so many pros building Shyv+BT is because of the current strategy.

Made famous by m5 and perfected by the Korean teams, balls to the wall aggression leading to early towers and early team phase is currently the strategies used in most tournaments.

This seems to be the best way to counter zzz farm matches that Clg employed allowing them to win games even though Wicked and Hotshot gets camped and loses lane terribly.

For this reason Shyv+BT is ideal because it allows you to do relevant damage in team fights early on. Where as if you were building IE+PD you probably wouldn't have either item finished.

For most of us mid level Elo or Normal match players if you're not taking early towers and have the chance to farm by all means IE+PD.

*what I do when i'm not sure*Try building vamp, bfsword, and zeal. This is a decent(not always best) core on most ADCs. From there gauge for yourself how you think the flow of the match is going and build accordingly.

Also like someone posted above, Some ADC's have great single target damage but very little AOE or wave clear, you might want to build Shyv on someone like Vayne. Especially if you find yourself constantly being pushed to tower by that bully Caitlyn.
0% Class
100% A**
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Static Shiv vs. Phantom Dancer on ADCs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived