Static Shiv vs. Phantom Dancer on ADCs?

#21Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/16/2013 10:25:45 PM
Because PD has more Crit and AS than Shiv, it's obviously going to be stronger than Shiv, even factoring in the 100 damage proc.

"Obviously" against a single target...which is not why you buy Shiv. If you want single target DPS exclusively then you probably don't want Shiv unless money is tight. Shiv is stronger when you're crit lightning'ing half of their team every few seconds.
---
Batten down the hatches Mr. Squidward! We're taking on water Mr. Squidward! I want my mommy Mr. Squidward!
Contacts in Profile
#22CheezWhizXPosted 1/16/2013 10:28:04 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
Because PD has more Crit and AS than Shiv, it's obviously going to be stronger than Shiv, even factoring in the 100 damage proc.

"Obviously" against a single target...which is not why you buy Shiv. If you want single target DPS exclusively then you probably don't want Shiv unless money is tight. Shiv is stronger when you're crit lightning'ing half of their team every few seconds.

That's hoping their team is even bunched up together like that, which is never going to be the case with any ADC vs. a competent team because over 90% of the time, you're going to be kiting a bruiser or killing a bruiser that someone is peeling off of you.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#23PenguinLord2324Posted 1/18/2013 5:37:20 PM
So would shiv be good on Tristana?
---
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
#24FvPPosted 1/18/2013 5:38:02 PM
If you have IE, get PD
If you have BT, get Static Shiv
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#25ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/18/2013 5:48:37 PM
depends on the champ, how far ahead/behind you are, and what your team would need more

if you have ashe? imo its always better for shiv
kog maw? imo always better to have pd

if you are super far behind the avarice blade can really help bring you back into the game, then build it into shiv later.

if you're super far ahead? just buy a pd outright lol.

otherwise i think it would fall more on what champion you have. ez it helps his wave clearing which is really not great without using his ult.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!