What is your first thought about someone when they start raging in game?

#1NeoAndurilPosted 1/15/2013 5:00:46 PM
It occurs to me that I've never asked anyone how they feel about the people that start raging in game.

I know that I feel like it sucks the life out of the game and makes it really difficult to focus on making a comeback or righting whatever wrong happened to make the idiot rage.

I also tend to think of ragers as really bad players and it instantly lowers my opinion of them and our chances at winning the game.

What do you all think?
#2CrumpledPaperPosted 1/15/2013 5:04:03 PM
it instantly lowers my opinion of them and our chances at winning the game.

this this this

it almost always starts a chain reaction between 3 members of the team and then everything just falls apart

one of my friends was able to get from 800 to 1600 elo just by forcing rage on the other team and forcing them to collapse on themselves eheu
---
Eh
#3FlameLord23Posted 1/15/2013 5:16:45 PM
Oh good, a topic for me!

I rage. I rage hard sometimes. Usually it's provoked by people insulting me though. I think the last time I raged at someone doing badly was when my friend tried to duo with me and was an absolute s***ty ADC. I never talked to him about it, I just don't play ranked with him anymore. He doesn't play much anymore anyway, I saw him online today for the first time in like a month.

Anyway back to the topic. Because this is a team game, many times I get angry or rage when people throw the game for me. I remember one time my team had a 3v5 and my top laner couldn't play for s*** and my support I was in a skype call with decided to troll after they got to bot inhib in 12 minutes. They never took it, so he was "counterjungling" the Shaco that was never in his jungle. Malzahar got fed then fed his teammates. So at 40 minutes we're playing a 3v5 and we're underleveled by 3 levels and they have 18 and full build. When we try and fight them 5v3 they win. We have to take them 3v1, and even then the other two come in and clean up. Over the course of the game I am slowly just losing my patience because everyone's treating it as a joke. I'm all about having fun but I don't have fun when I get the s*** kicked out of me by a team that should be demolished in a game that should have ended in 16 minutes. I got taunted by my friends in skype (everyone except the top laner) so my anger broke and I raged hard. Threw things, whole 9 yards.

That being said, I've grown up a lot. I remember when I played Modern Warfare 2 I would throw things just because I died a few times in a row. I'd shout at the top of my lungs. I broke a window one time because Runescape didn't load. The window was probably 5 years ago now, Modern Warfare 3 is almost 3 years ago now, I stopped playing it for a while in May when I just absolutely lost it. I gave up video games for a while and eventually picked Runescape after a few days just to disperse the boredom, since I was done with school. Eventually I came back to actual video games and Call of Duty. Now I usually get mad at the people in the game when they insult me. Personal attacks are what infuriate me. Even if you're completely useless at the game, you really won't see me flip my s***. Closest was yesterday when my computer froze in the middle of the game and got me killed. I was in public too, which makes this better. I threw my headphones and actually broke them, and flipped two chairs in the school cafeteria. I calmed down pretty quickly though. I quit the game for a little bit and calmed down, then came back after my computer recovered and helped my team win, they took on the 4v5 for about 45 minutes before I started playing.

I've been playing games for a LOOOOONG time, since I was about 7, so that's coming up on 14 years now. I've had plenty of time to think about why I rage at video games and I think I have the answer. We're competitors, or at least I am. But instead of playing baseball, football, or an actual sport, I play video games. I play to win. I have more fun when I win, or at least when it's a well fought battle. You see professional athletes get mad when there are bad calls or when things aren't going their way, well the same with us. When I see someone raging because the team isn't doing well I think they are immature. When I see someone getting mad at attacks on them I support them. I will almost always defend the victim. I get mad when my team doesn't do well, but part of being mature is not raging at them. Just keep it in, control your emotions. Raging at them won't help anything it will just make it worse. However, if you tell me I'm useless, especially after I just spent everything I had to save your ass, don't expect help the rest of the game. Had a renek do this yesterday. I told him I wouldn't help him the rest (continued below, please let me finish my post).
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#4BurningSwor145Posted 1/15/2013 5:18:19 PM
I always try to keep it postive. And be goofy n ****. It's hilarious being that one guy who's like: You can do it!!!
---
"Mostly Harmless????"
#5FlameLord23Posted 1/15/2013 5:23:15 PM
(continued from post #3)

of the game, since I basically offered myself up. I was almost dead and I had enough for one spell. I jumped on the enemy with Maokai W and ran like hell. Got down to 200 HP and he had 50 when I jumped on the guy. It was olaf, one axe and Renek was dead.

I guess the moral of this whole thing is that ragers just are usually competitive people. Try to understand that. However, if they start raging in all chat, or even team chat, it's okay in my book to be an ass to them. They want to start attacking people attack them. Just don't go too far, let them be that guy. By all means report them, I'm surprised I'm not in front of the tribunal right now, I had quite a few games a few weeks back where I just raged all the time, and a couple where after the game I encouraged everyone to report me, but I never even got warned.

When I'm not raging I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I'm quite funny sometimes as regulars probably know, but I'm fairly hit and miss. If there was one thing I could change about myself though, even though I'm f***ing ugly I'd change the rage. I'm not proud of it, but I accept it as one of my flaws, and I just like to let people know that about me, I think it's only fair. Another thing to note is that my rages are hilarious, even I was laughing after the one yesterday once I had a couple minutes to calm down.

This is my 2 bucks worth as a rager.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
#6DivinewargodPosted 1/15/2013 5:24:39 PM
I become overly apologetic to make the rager feel bad.

Works all the time.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#7Mander1861Posted 1/15/2013 5:26:55 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
(continued from post #3)

If there was one thing I could change about myself though, even though I'm f***ing ugly I'd change the rage.

I lold
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#8FlameLord23Posted 1/15/2013 5:29:35 PM
Mander1861 posted...
FlameLord23 posted...
(continued from post #3)

If there was one thing I could change about myself though, even though I'm f***ing ugly I'd change the rage.

I lold

Hey I'm pretty sure the girl I'm in love with now I lost because she saw me rage a lot, not at LoL but at other things, and not because of my lack of sex appeal.

Seriously Anakin right after falling in the Lava in Revenge of the Sith is more attractive than I am.
---
#9Mander1861Posted 1/15/2013 5:31:19 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
FlameLord23 posted...
(continued from post #3)

I lold

Hey I'm pretty sure the girl I'm in love with now I lost because she saw me rage a lot, not at LoL but at other things, and not because of my lack of sex appeal.

Seriously Anakin right after falling in the Lava in Revenge of the Sith is more attractive than I am.

lol well then your a prime example of humor and honesty > looks.
Props.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#10sequeezeyPosted 1/15/2013 5:32:50 PM
CrumpledPaper posted...

one of my friends was able to get from 800 to 1600 elo just by forcing rage on the other team and forcing them to collapse on themselves eheu

Please tell. I always get the ragers on my team. How can I make the other team suffer the same fate?
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_