The REAL "Are you in support of the new ranking system?" thread *Now with poll!*

#21EDumey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:10:26 PM
I feature one last bump while I have the chance.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#22ryudo500Posted 1/15/2013 11:21:00 PM
also, winning give you more points than losing.

riot post said you are in the diamond becuase of iwnning, not games played.

I stilll think its, as long as you win, you ll go up and up and up. just liek the level grind
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#23OrbitalOctopusPosted 1/15/2013 11:31:58 PM
I just don't like the bit about not being able to fall out of divisions. Its a system that can only progress forward, which doesn't make sense competitively to me
---
flexible bullet saying that a girl isn't hot is like a masai tribesman telling me that i have a bad computer ~ UtarEmpire
Pokemon White: 1205 8519 7476
#24ryudo500Posted 1/15/2013 11:32:49 PM
OrbitalOctopus posted...
I just don't like the bit about not being able to fall out of divisions. Its a system that can only progress forward, which doesn't make sense competitively to me

hmm I think you can
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#25BiglabronPosted 1/15/2013 11:45:18 PM
Don't care, it's just a way for Riot to make bronze level players feel better in bracket standings.

Most likely all the players will retain their ordering value of skill while being bracketed in, but instead of 60% of the players being in bronze they will probably space it out so such a large majority do not feel like garbage.

After all I find it hilarious when I see try hard bronzies, I can't help but find myself informing them that they are pooled with the other 60% of the player base for a reason and should actually listen to my advice when im smurfing.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#26BiglabronPosted 1/15/2013 11:47:02 PM
ryudo500 posted...
OrbitalOctopus posted...

hmm I think you can

Na, you keep your milestone gains. "Yay i reached silver for the first time in my life" lose 20 games straight and still have silver.

You may be qued in the bronze level but you will never lose your silver and will be rewarded on a silver level.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#27HeroshiX2Posted 1/15/2013 11:54:01 PM
Biglabron posted...
ryudo500 posted...
OrbitalOctopus posted...

hmm I think you can

Na, you keep your milestone gains. "Yay i reached silver for the first time in my life" lose 20 games straight and still have silver.

You may be qued in the bronze level but you will never lose your silver and will be rewarded on a silver level.

Pretty much this I think.

You make it to gold? Good, you don't go below that for losing in terms of ranking (though your now hidden elo will still deplete). However, you make it to gold rank 1? You can still go to gold rank 2 if you lose.

I'm not sure if you can go back to gold after reaching plat, though. Not like many will reach Plat.
#28protomole64Posted 1/16/2013 12:02:26 AM
It goes like this, from what I understand:

Bronze>Silver>Gold>Platinum>Diamond>Challenger

If there's only one league at the top, to qualify to move into it, do you have to knock someone out of it? Or is it adaptive and expands in size?

"If you move up into Challenger Tier then you knock someone else out. Once you've reached that level of badassery, you've got to fight to keep it. This is the only League where that will be the case."

That was a quote from a red on the forums. So you can't be knocked out unless it's the Challenger Tier...but at that point, you're such a badass anyway, it doesn't matter.
---
Annie's always asking people to see her bare tibbers. ~ jalm94
#29LordClydePosted 1/16/2013 12:12:10 AM
So, we can't see our number anymore? That's stupid.

What's the point of playing if I'm going to be shoved into the same category of people as those 200-300 elo lower than me...

All this means is:
1. You'll be stuck in elo hell longer.
2. People will have more bragging rights.. Seems Riot is trying to reward people faster... zzz