Nunu support

#11OrihalconitePosted 1/16/2013 6:48:29 AM
I dont think anyone in this thread knows why people pick nunu.
---
Remember, If at first you don't succeed, you fail...
#12SlaynPosted 1/16/2013 6:59:34 AM
Orihalconite posted...
I dont think anyone in this thread knows why people pick nunu.

+1

I don't see how your ADC is getting caught when they are perma hasted and you can slow the enemy. Just sit back and farm... unless Taric wants to flash stun you.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#13gfshynoblPosted 1/16/2013 7:26:20 AM
nunu is easily the best support atm besides taric and leona
alot of scrub adcs posted in here.
please tell me how their adc is gonna trade, when nunu gives his a free pd and exhauts their adc
YOU CANT.

Theirs a reason why the koreans auto picking nunu.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#14clonetrooperPosted 1/16/2013 8:04:24 AM
I pick Nunu just to steal kills with my ult. There is no other reason.
---
We had sex ateach other, not necessarily with each other. - NoizeTrauma
#15TomorrowDogPosted 1/16/2013 8:37:34 AM
Taric stuns your carry, graves quickdraws into buckshot and drops ignite.

Sounds like you are laning/teamfighting in the 1700s where all of the players on a team line up, walk towards eachother, and faceroll their keyboard when they get close.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#16BiglabronPosted 1/16/2013 10:57:34 AM(edited)
TomorrowDog posted...
Taric stuns your carry, graves quickdraws into buckshot and drops ignite.

Sounds like you are laning/teamfighting in the 1700s where all of the players on a team line up, walk towards eachother, and faceroll their keyboard when they get close.

kind of what happens when people realize nunus range is quite short. No one is scared to dive a nunu support comp because who is scared of a hasted carry that is stunned locked to death? Whats nunu going to do? AA 1v2 for massive deeps?
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#17genericname1234Posted 1/16/2013 11:02:05 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Never been a fan of Nunu, in any lane position.

As support, he lacks farm and Q becomes useless, and in jungle, mid and top, he has nobody to W, crippling his effectiveness.

You're missing the point of support nunu. Nunu doesn't need farm to be useful. Blood boil is a free PD minus the crit. It doesn't scale with anything and will be on your ADC 100% of the time because the mana cost is virtually 0.

He has his snowball. It doesn't deal much damage, but it doesn't need to. It provides a 60% slow and cripples their attack speed. This can be used for peeling in teamfights or in lane to force trades that you should win due to AS superiority.

Consume gives his team extra dragon control. This is perfect as Nunu will be bot lane near the pit. Helps him in lane, and useful against any zyra supports should you meet them.

His ult also provides MS and AS reduction. This doesn't require scaling. It's a zoning tool. Maybe you'll make somebody waste CC on you as well.

He also loves grabbing the new Shard of Ice Kage's upgrade. It gives some AP which makes his damage a bit better, but it also gives him an active that lets him peel even more.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#18BiglabronPosted 1/16/2013 11:18:22 AM
genericname1234 posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...
Never been a fan of Nunu, in any lane position.

As support, he lacks farm and Q becomes useless, and in jungle, mid and top, he has nobody to W, crippling his effectiveness.

You're missing the point of support nunu. Nunu doesn't need farm to be useful. Blood boil is a free PD minus the crit. It doesn't scale with anything and will be on your ADC 100% of the time because the mana cost is virtually 0.

He has his snowball. It doesn't deal much damage, but it doesn't need to. It provides a 60% slow and cripples their attack speed. This can be used for peeling in teamfights or in lane to force trades that you should win due to AS superiority.

Consume gives his team extra dragon control. This is perfect as Nunu will be bot lane near the pit. Helps him in lane, and useful against any zyra supports should you meet them.

His ult also provides MS and AS reduction. This doesn't require scaling. It's a zoning tool. Maybe you'll make somebody waste CC on you as well.

He also loves grabbing the new Shard of Ice Kage's upgrade. It gives some AP which makes his damage a bit better, but it also gives him an active that lets him peel even more.

There is a difference in trading and dueling. You don't rush your atk speed boots if you want to out trade right? I hope you don't anyways.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!