What's the order for support items?

#1masterplumPosted 1/16/2013 8:30:04 AM
I've been going Sighstone-philo-boots-Aegis

what do I build after that? I am always rather confused
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#2TomorrowDogPosted 1/16/2013 8:52:31 AM
The point of S3 itemizing is having options for supports to build to the situation or your tastes. I think anybody that says build the same four items every game is really limiting themselves.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#3Th4tOneDud3Posted 1/16/2013 8:54:46 AM
I usually go free ward, biscuit, flask, 2 sight wards, vision ward.

Then sight stone.
Then kages
Then boots
Then philo
The upgrade boots.

After that its too hard to tell.
#4Rookie_JetPosted 1/16/2013 8:55:37 AM
I tend to start with the 180 mana/5 and the 180 hp/5 and wards so I pretty much always get a philo on my first b + w/e gold I have left. If I only have 350 more, I'll get boots. If I have 700 more, I might get a sightstone or still just get boots and also pink wards if I feel the need. If I have 1050, I'll probably go ahead and get boots and sightstone.
#5genericname1234Posted 1/16/2013 9:00:32 AM
I wouldn't get aegis on most supports. The upgrade is too expensive for most supports unless it's a really long game. It should be built on your jungler or top laner. There's no exact order anymore. You can go for an early philo if you think the lane will be easy and your ward coverage will be fine. You can rush a sightstone. You can get an early kage's. The kage's upgrades are fantastic and I love getting them. I delay getting shurelya's sometimes.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#6SpacefrisianPosted 1/16/2013 9:03:52 AM
I usualy start: cookie, free ward, 2 wards, Faerie charm, Rejuvination Bead

Than i can hold out to roughly 1000+ gold before running out of wards (and a good adc player) and i go back for Sightstone and philo stone.

Than something along the lines of Boots Kage lucky pick and eventualy twinshadows and other items.

BTW: going for Sunfire cape/ crystal rod on Leona instead, dont care if peeps say they arent supposed to be on a support, it wins games.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#7masterplum(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:06:58 AM
I've been getting aegis recently because my elo is somewhat low, and people kind of suck and I think Aegis is really good

should I just let the team be without it then?
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#8MegaHowlerPosted 1/16/2013 9:16:07 AM
for Lulu mana isn't a problem for me a all even without mana regen runes, and I max Q>W>E..

So I build Sightstone, Philo, Kage, Tier 2 Boots. From there I get a Kage upgrade, I LOVE Twin Shadows, Ruby Sightstone and Shurelya. That's 4 items right there so the last two I usually go Iron Locket and the Crucible.

Taric I go Emblem of Valor > Sightstone > Philo > Aegis
---
3DSFC 4382-2743-5839
#9kirbyakaZPosted 1/16/2013 9:20:44 AM
You should probably tell us what supports you play. As other people have said, it kinda depends on who you are. Like Aegis works well on tanky supports, like Leona, while it doesn't work as well on squishies like Zyra.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4
#10SlaynPosted 1/16/2013 9:37:25 AM
Build 1:

Mercs/Ninja
Bulwark
Shurelyas
Zekes
Locket
Ruby Sightstone

Build 2:

CDR boots
Shurelyas
Shard of True Ice
Mikaels
Locket
Ruby Sightstone

Build 1 can work on anyone, makes you tanky. You will have a lot of HP, armor, MR. People with innate tankyness like Taric, Ali, and Leona will love this. Taric especially with the built in armor buff. Even if someone else gets an Aegis/Bulwark, the aura stacks on either person, plus it is nice for laning phase and/or small skirmishes. Zekes is good for AD heavy teams.

Build 2 is good because of Mikaels. I recommend this as a healer build, such as Sona and Soraka, even an alternate build for Taric. With Mikaels you will be able to spam abilities, so I love it on Sona. Literally just faceroll QWE all battle. The heal/cleanse is also nice. The shard isn't bad, use it on yourself or someone else for the AOE slow. You can use it to block the enemy from attacking your ADC.

Both have locket and shurelyas for the stats and actives. Ruby sightstone is obvious.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116