Question for the Riven pros!

#1_LeonSKennedy_Posted 1/16/2013 12:36:26 PM
Why do I see people maxing Q before W these days!?!?!?!? The CD stays the same on Q and goes down significantly on W! W provides more burst and honestly Q is a gap closer, so the extra damage literally isn't used a lot of the time for the first one or two hits of the combo. I just don't understand. Thanks y'all!
---
liqwhjgf;qhewgoiubq2uogn;oqjlfnqlebgbnjakglqjlgqgeiugbn;o'lerbgq2b4[go
#2Stalky24Posted 1/16/2013 12:39:54 PM
No you dash in, stun and THEN use Q for harras. She does the most damage with Q.
#3ProArsonist69Posted 1/16/2013 12:42:08 PM
Mad deeps. Synergizes well with Black Cleaver procs if you choose to get it first.
---
XBL GT: ProArsonist69, LoL IGN: ProArsonist93, Vindictus IGN: ProArsonist, Pokemon White FC: 1506 7966 9194
#4BhelliumPosted 1/16/2013 1:10:24 PM
because Broken Wings looks cooler
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5_LeonSKennedy_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:11:45 PM
Stalky24 posted...
No you dash in, stun and THEN use Q for harras. She does the most damage with Q.

I guess I combo a little differently. It seems to me I win a lot more trades by rushing in with Q, aa, W, aa, then shield dashing away so that I ca eat their abilities' damage. If I shield in then immediately stun my shield gets mostly wasted and they can use all their abilities before I get away. I guess I'll try this out then and see how it goes! Thanks!
---
liqwhjgf;qhewgoiubq2uogn;oqjlfnqlebgbnjakglqjlgqgeiugbn;o'lerbgq2b4[go
#6ZeroisaheroPosted 1/16/2013 1:12:33 PM
W got nerfed. Q does more dmg now.
---
"I'm the greatest, everyone else is trash, money in the bank, pimpin ain't easy".
#7MegaSlimePosted 1/16/2013 1:15:32 PM
How is she after the nerfs?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#8BhelliumPosted 1/16/2013 1:19:28 PM
_LeonSKennedy_ posted...
Stalky24 posted...

I guess I combo a little differently. It seems to me I win a lot more trades by rushing in with Q, aa, W, aa, then shield dashing away so that I ca eat their abilities' damage. If I shield in then immediately stun my shield gets mostly wasted and they can use all their abilities before I get away. I guess I'll try this out then and see how it goes! Thanks!

You already know more than 95% of Riven players. Q is the safest closer she has, E is best used intelligently rather than as a closer every single time.

There are times when you need to get to specific spot ASAP (say, to stun their carries at the start of a teamfight) and that is when you should lead with E, but generally speaking in lane you want to save the dash and shield for when you need it. Or to proc your passive.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#9LANKAI09Posted 1/16/2013 2:03:53 PM
It pains me to see Riven players that think they can E in, stun and then spam Q and think its decent harass. Its the auto attacks in between Q's that do the damage, and I cant help but laugh when I see players spamming Q without autos
#10Reaper_MinionPosted 1/16/2013 2:13:00 PM(edited)
Because they nerfed W and buffed Q.

I still have better results with maxing W because Q is mainly for mobility/passive. Unless I'm winning my lane so hard that I can spam Q in my opponent's face, I max it LAST.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY