These jungle changes are pretty rough for AoE junglers

#21jonlaw101Posted 1/17/2013 7:02:02 AM
Aecioo posted...
You should go try Nocturne again. I've been killing with him in the new jungle.

Fast, relatively safe clear.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#22cod4lyfe1997(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:07:26 AM
I've played a few games with Nocturne and he does really well in the new jungle.
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
#23Kat1184Posted 1/17/2013 7:10:46 AM
I felt like Nocturne was doing better after the recent changes too....

Small Wraiths/Wolves all die to a single Dusk Trail + Umbra Blade Passive. The big minions don't last that much longer... I find a spend less time now because I'm not trying to maximize another Umbra Heal- and the damage saved from insta-gibbing the small minions seems to be a net positive over the reduced heal potential on Umbra.
#24cod4lyfe1997(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:11:26 AM
Kat1184 posted...
I felt like Nocturne was doing better after the recent changes too....

Small Wraiths/Wolves all die to a single Dusk Trail + Umbra Blade Passive. The big minions don't last that much longer... I find a spend less time now because I'm not trying to maximize another Umbra Heal- and the damage saved from insta-gibbing the small minions seems to be a net positive over the reduced heal potential on Umbra.

Do you go AS or AD on him? I'm using AS at the moment
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
#25Kat1184Posted 1/17/2013 7:16:43 AM
I go AS as well-

I use:
All AS Reds
All Armor Yellows
All Scaling mRes Blues
Quints: 2 ArP & 1 AS

I've considered dumping my AS Quint for another ArP, but my logic was that Nocturne benefits greatly from AS and the S3 patch made AS more expensive without reducing Rune values.... may as well load up a bit on an expensive stat that doesn't cost me gold!
#26Reaper_MinionPosted 1/17/2013 7:21:15 AM
Nocturne is better because he's mostly single target but has decent AoE. These changes help him a lot.

Riven is also most likely stronger in the jungle now despite her regen nerfs. The slightly better shield makes up for the low HP/5 and the weaker small minions help her clear faster and safer.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#27themagicpainmanPosted 1/17/2013 7:31:44 AM
I'll have to try Nautilus again...
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW