Why did nami died off so quick?

#31GGAGAHCPosted 1/17/2013 12:22:26 AM
I rather like Nami but I do think that the only reason you still see her (if you do) is because people are bored of the old supports and just want to play someone new (well, that's my reasoning for playing her).

I think her main problem is that she doesn't SHINE. I agree with people who say she's a jack-of-all trades and is just so decent at lots of things that she ends up being mediocre. Her CC doesn't make up for her healing and her healing doesn't make up for her CC. Then take into account the rise of aggressive supports like Leona, Blitz, or Nunu and you naturally see a fall out of more passive supports. Nami can get aggressive but she ain't as aggressive as Leona/Blitz, and she's kind of passive, but lacks the peeling/sustaining power of Lulu/Sona.

I don't think Nami's bad. I just don't think she's all that great.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#32PKMNsonyPosted 1/17/2013 12:43:11 AM(edited)
Q is not reliable, W needs a buff (in power and mostly in range), and E stinks late game. Ult is not good enough to save her.

At least this is why I don't play her.
#33EcchiBakaPosted 1/17/2013 12:47:18 AM
PKMNsony posted...
Q is not reliable, W needs a buff (in power and mostly in range), and E stinks late game. Ult is not good enough to save her.

I may agree with her E being a little unnoticeable but her Q is what makes laning awesome, if of course you know how to use it. This brings me back to the "No one bothers to learn how to aim Nami's Q" thing. If you don't bother to get acquainted with a champion's best mechanic, why bother playing them (or commenting that they're a bad pick) at all?
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#34HighUlitmaPosted 1/17/2013 1:44:49 AM
I'm with Rihawf on this, Nami is not outclassed in the slightest.
How about leading Q so instead of clipping people, they run into it?
E being lackluster is most upseting to hear. It makes an excellent chasing tool (along with nami passive), and very useful for trades (not to mention it makes abusing pickpocket all more worthwhile).
#35PKMNsonyPosted 1/17/2013 2:06:37 AM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
PKMNsony posted...

I may agree with her E being a little unnoticeable but her Q is what makes laning awesome, if of course you know how to use it. This brings me back to the "No one bothers to learn how to aim Nami's Q" thing. If you don't bother to get acquainted with a champion's best mechanic, why bother playing them (or commenting that they're a bad pick) at all?

The same reason people like you assume **** about others. If you're playing against decent players, it's not about hitting your Q, it's about whether they can dodge it or predict it. It's arguably one of the hardest skill shots for a traditional support champ to hit, so why bother when you have Taric, Leona, etc.?
#36GGAGAHCPosted 1/17/2013 2:34:55 AM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
PKMNsony posted...

That's the problem. You have to learn it. Why bother when you have easier line skill shots (like Janna or Leona) or, even easier, targetted CC (Taric)? I love Nami's Q but even I can't deny that it would just be easier to use Janna's tornado or Taric's stun.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#37SpacefrisianPosted 1/17/2013 4:46:27 AM
Skills to easy to evade, weak heal, hard time getting even any farm with her (in rare cases you get to farm with her)
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#38jonlaw101Posted 1/17/2013 4:48:13 AM
SwiftToadz posted...
She is indeed the quickest........

QuickestMermaid
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#39jonlaw101Posted 1/17/2013 4:48:44 AM
It makes me sad how many people miss these jokes.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#40Sir Spiffy CapePosted 1/17/2013 4:54:47 AM
GGAGAHC posted...
KloudtheYoukai posted...
PKMNsony posted...

That's the problem. You have to learn it. Why bother when you have easier line skill shots (like Janna or Leona) or, even easier, targetted CC (Taric)? I love Nami's Q but even I can't deny that it would just be easier to use Janna's tornado or Taric's stun.

This.

Not to mention most of the time when you try to use it to "lead" in a lane, your opponents are probably ducking back into a minion wave to avoid skill shots and have minions cover their retreat. Or they are running into your minions in which case you probably didn't need a weak AoE CC, you needed a strong single target CC. In the former case, you are doing the dreaded act of pushing your lane. In the latter, well, that one's been beaten to death by everyone else.

Nami needs a boost to her E, 3 hits that slow is amazing in lane then doesn't do anything in team fights when it kinda matters. W is really, really meaningless in the adc+support meta considering how its bounce range is about the same size as an average ADC's autoattack range, meaning you will probably never get to pull it off in lane and it just becomes a huge mana drain for some lackluster poke/sustain instead of a doubled up hit that does both.

Right now Nami's only selling point for me is her ult. Nothing like sending a wave and riding it into battle.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt