Why did nami died off so quick?

#41jonlaw101Posted 1/17/2013 7:22:38 AM
jonlaw101 posted...
It makes me sad how many people miss these jokes.

---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#42Her_PaladinPosted 1/17/2013 7:30:03 AM
It feels like with Nami, you need an adc who knows her kit just as well as you do. And that doesn't go over so well in solo queue.
---
This is my battle
This is my fight
#43arys75Posted 1/17/2013 7:35:00 AM
Hhhmmm posted...
Voidgolem posted...
because while many people say they enjoy/main support and want more supports, most of them are lying.

because hipsters.

NOBODY enjoys support

they either need to add a 5th gold source or just make it a 4v4 game

I enjoy playing support. It's even more fun than playing ADC and I'm an ADC main.
#44SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:03:53 AM
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
GGAGAHC posted...
KloudtheYoukai posted...
PKMNsony posted...
Q is not reliable, W needs a buff (in power and mostly in range), and E stinks late game. Ult is not good enough to save her.

I may agree with her E being a little unnoticeable but her Q is what makes laning awesome, if of course you know how to use it. This brings me back to the "No one bothers to learn how to aim Nami's Q" thing. If you don't bother to get acquainted with a champion's best mechanic, why bother playing them (or commenting that they're a bad pick) at all?

That's the problem. You have to learn it. Why bother when you have easier line skill shots (like Janna or Leona) or, even easier, targetted CC (Taric)? I love Nami's Q but even I can't deny that it would just be easier to use Janna's tornado or Taric's stun.

This.
she needs a new skin too
Not to mention most of the time when you try to use it to "lead" in a lane, your opponents are probably ducking back into a minion wave to avoid skill shots and have minions cover their retreat. Or they are running into your minions in which case you probably didn't need a weak AoE CC, you needed a strong single target CC. In the former case, you are doing the dreaded act of pushing your lane. In the latter, well, that one's been beaten to death by everyone else.

Nami needs a boost to her E, 3 hits that slow is amazing in lane then doesn't do anything in team fights when it kinda matters. W is really, really meaningless in the adc+support meta considering how its bounce range is about the same size as an average ADC's autoattack range, meaning you will probably never get to pull it off in lane and it just becomes a huge mana drain for some lackluster poke/sustain instead of a doubled up hit that does both.

Right now Nami's only selling point for me is her ult. Nothing like sending a wave and riding it into battle.

---
Everyone trying to get on that Swiftness
#45EcchiBakaPosted 1/17/2013 9:30:31 AM
The same reason people like you assume **** about others. If you're playing against decent players, it's not about hitting your Q, it's about whether they can dodge it or predict it. It's arguably one of the hardest skill shots for a traditional support champ to hit, so why bother when you have Taric, Leona, etc.?

Other supports having better (and easier) skills to use doesn't make Nami bad. You choose them over her because you aren't comfortable using Nami's skills to her best (this being mindgames and outpredicting your opponent, which can be done with coordination).

That's the problem. You have to learn it. Why bother when you have easier line skill shots (like Janna or Leona) or, even easier, targetted CC (Taric)? I love Nami's Q but even I can't deny that it would just be easier to use Janna's tornado or Taric's stun.

Same response as above, but the quote in bold is to show how unintentionally lazy you can sound when discussing a champion who's skill shots you are not comfortable with using.

Nami needs a boost to her E, 3 hits that slow is amazing in lane then doesn't do anything in team fights when it kinda matters. W is really, really meaningless in the adc+support meta considering how its bounce range is about the same size as an average ADC's autoattack range, meaning you will probably never get to pull it off in lane and it just becomes a huge mana drain for some lackluster poke/sustain instead of a doubled up hit that does both.

IIRC, the bounce range for Nami's W is 825, which is higher than Tristana's lvl 18 Draw a Bead range, and that's particularly not hard to poke with. I might be wrong on this though -.-
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#46happyscrub1Posted 1/17/2013 9:32:19 AM
Hhhmmm posted...
Voidgolem posted...
because while many people say they enjoy/main support and want more supports, most of them are lying.

because hipsters.

NOBODY enjoys support

---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#47themagicpainmanPosted 1/17/2013 9:33:40 AM
Coral bleaching
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#48hellraiser121Posted 1/17/2013 9:35:53 AM
Watch Nami used in the next tournament and everyone is going to say that Nami is the best support in the game.

Sheep
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#49EcchiBakaPosted 1/17/2013 9:36:04 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
Hhhmmm posted...
Voidgolem posted...

because hipsters.

NOBODY enjoys support

I think I've said this before but there's nothing like playing Leona in bot lane and spoonfeeding your lane partner.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#50HyoozPosted 1/17/2013 10:01:54 AM
Even if you land every Q, she doesn't have a lot to offer after that. She can poke/slight heal with W and pretend to have an E skill. Meanwhile, the enemy Leona/Blitz/Taric/Soraka/god damn anyone is actually able to contribute in meaningful ways to the exchange after landing their first ability.
---
("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
..v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.