Why did nami died off so quick?

#51SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:59:46 PM
ccaad5 posted...
Even if you land every Q, she doesn't have a lot to offer after that. She can poke/slight heal with W and pretend to have an E skill. Meanwhile, the enemy Leona/Blitz/Taric/Soraka/god damn anyone is actually able to contribute in meaningful ways to the exchange after landing their first ability.

what does e do?
---
Everyone trying to get on that Swiftness
#52flaminglinkPosted 1/17/2013 1:03:54 PM
I played her for a while after release. Then I decided to play Lulu again, and realized how much more effective Lulu was for half the work.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
#53yoshipatrolPosted 1/17/2013 1:05:46 PM
SwiftToadz posted...
ccaad5 posted...
Even if you land every Q, she doesn't have a lot to offer after that. She can poke/slight heal with W and pretend to have an E skill. Meanwhile, the enemy Leona/Blitz/Taric/Soraka/god damn anyone is actually able to contribute in meaningful ways to the exchange after landing their first ability.

what does e do?

You can empower an ally's next 3 basic attacks to deal extra magic damage and cause slow. it only lasts for 5 seconds I believe. Its garbage really. I use it just for her passive speed boost pretty much.

I like Nami a lot but she's just not as effective as Sona. She's so much more fun to play though. Granted, Sona could not be much more boring IMO.
#54RihawfPosted 1/17/2013 1:32:40 PM
hellraiser121 posted...
Watch Nami used in the next tournament and everyone is going to say that Nami is the best support in the game.

Sheep

Watch somebody saying "I told you guys" and then people are all "lol she was always good but underused" and then everybody on gamefaqs marries and everybody lived happily forever.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#55PKMNsonyPosted 1/17/2013 1:35:43 PM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
The same reason people like you assume **** about others. If you're playing against decent players, it's not about hitting your Q, it's about whether they can dodge it or predict it. It's arguably one of the hardest skill shots for a traditional support champ to hit, so why bother when you have Taric, Leona, etc.?

Other supports having better (and easier) skills to use doesn't make Nami bad. You choose them over her because you aren't comfortable using Nami's skills to her best (this being mindgames and outpredicting your opponent, which can be done with coordination).

I never said Nami was bad. You just keep putting that in my mouth for some reason.

Sounds like your just reaching with that second statement there. You can do that just as easily, if not better, with other supports anyway. Nami doesn't know if she wants to be an all-in champion like Taric or Leona, or a poke champ like Sona or Lulu, and she is not as good as any of them at their job.
#56EcchiBakaPosted 1/17/2013 2:31:01 PM
Rihawf posted...
hellraiser121 posted...
Watch Nami used in the next tournament and everyone is going to say that Nami is the best support in the game.

Sheep

Watch somebody saying "I told you guys" and then people are all "lol she was always good but underused" and then everybody on gamefaqs marries and everybody lived happily forever.

---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#57SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:02:04 PM
yoshipatrol posted...
SwiftToadz posted...
ccaad5 posted...

what does e do?

You can empower an ally's next 3 basic attacks to deal extra magic damage and cause slow. it only lasts for 5 seconds I believe. Its garbage really. I use it just for her passive speed boost pretty much.

I like Nami a lot but she's just not as effective as Sona. She's so much more fun to play though. Granted, Sona could not be much more boring IMO.

sounds useful
---
Everyone trying to get on that Swiftness
#58EnclosurePosted 1/20/2013 12:03:43 PM
E is lazy support chase.
You stick E on your ADC and go farm the lane while they chase.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#59tigerjackhammerPosted 1/20/2013 12:11:37 PM
She fell off because she's a mediocre pick.

End of story.
#60HelghastlingPosted 1/20/2013 12:14:57 PM
Shes got a very high skill cap and most people cant land her Q or ult at the poisslbe worst time. Shes definitely a more advanced support.
---
PSN: RageAgainstAllYo
Currently playing Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, God of War 3, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Battlefield 3