A few questions regarding some champions..

#1LithspPosted 1/16/2013 7:39:22 PM
..why isn't support Skarner a thing?

He can perma-slow, and once he hits 6, the enemy ADC is permanently zoned unless they want to die. Also, come late game, hey, you've got Skarner on your team for that insta-gib victory.

..why isn't top Nocturne a thing?

He has some great defensive tools to escape and also has some amazing dueling power, not to mention one of the best methods of ganks any lane (gonna be mostly mid though) in the game, not to mention he can snowball incredibly hard if he builds offensively. Has good ratios.

..why top Blitzcrank a thing?

I know he's banned all the time, but on the occasion he isn't banned, I don't see why he'd be a particularly bad pick for top - he has some decent defenses, a shield, a means of escaping a gank, a means of setting up a gank for when your jungler comes, and hey, you've got a Blitzcrank on your team late game to instantly win with.
---
[]Signature[]
#2WayavasPosted 1/16/2013 7:41:11 PM
Ive seen all those things at least once, so maybe they are rare but people uses them that way.
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#3Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:43:25 PM
Wayavas posted...
Ive seen all those things at least once, so maybe they are rare but people uses them that way.

Oh really? I was at work and I've got some LoL Champ app on my phone 'cuz I'm a nerd, and I was just having a look at some ratios and stats and thought.." hmm, this champ could be used this way".

Never actually seen them used like that in game though, I've seen one guy call top and choose Noct, but he went AFK as soon as the game started. :/
---
[]Signature[]
#4Susan0Posted 1/16/2013 7:46:11 PM
Lithsp posted...

He can perma-slow, and once he hits 6, the enemy ADC is permanently zoned unless they want to die. Also, come late game, hey, you've got Skarner on your team for that insta-gib victory.

It's not rly good, and skarner doesn't bring much other than his ult, whereas other SPs have heals, and steroids, and the ADC will poke you down

He has some great defensive tools to escape and also has some amazing dueling power, not to mention one of the best methods of ganks any lane (gonna be mostly mid though) in the game, not to mention he can snowball incredibly hard if he builds offensively. Has good ratios.

Rare. It's viable

I know he's banned all the time, but on the occasion he isn't banned, I don't see why he'd be a particularly bad pick for top - he has some decent defenses, a shield, a means of escaping a gank, a means of setting up a gank for when your jungler comes, and hey, you've got a Blitzcrank on your team late game to instantly win with.

Better off babysitting the adc, he can't rly kill without help
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#5RydethetigerPosted 1/16/2013 7:46:34 PM
Support skarner isnt a thing because he has no sustain for his ADC, and no hard CC for early engages. When he gets to 6 yea hes ok, but needs to get melee range for anything to really happen.

Nocturne needs to auto attack to have sustain, and will have trouble controlling lane. Also, he has major mana issues.

Blitzcrank also has horrible horrible mana issues, along with nothing outside of tower range presenting a kill opportunity.

I do think however, it would be funny to pull people from river into blue side top tower when they think they are being sneaky gankers.

ALSO! PROTIP!: When you see a jungler in your lane, and you know you are safe, STOP SAYING HI JUNGLER IN ALL CHAT!!!! you are wasting his time by letting him think he will catch you, stupido
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Add if you are a good ADC
#6BarrenitePosted 1/16/2013 7:46:42 PM
Lithsp posted...

Skarner: He needs farm and he's melee with no ranged cc or gap closer

Nocturne: his passive pushes the lane and his kit is much better suited to the jungle where he can use it to gank easily

Blitzcrank: He's just way too effective as a support and his killing power alone isn't anything special although he can hurt his decently long cooldowns get in the way
---
I'm not an ostrich.
#7Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:47:39 PM
Susan0 posted...
Lithsp posted...

It's not rly good, and skarner doesn't bring much other than his ult, whereas other SPs have heals, and steroids, and the ADC will poke you down

Rare. It's viable

Better off babysitting the adc, he can't rly kill without help

Yeah, I figured Skarner would get poked down. But you get supports like Leona, who are basically in the same boat re. no sustain for the ADC, and are fine.
---
[]Signature[]
#8RydethetigerPosted 1/16/2013 7:48:00 PM
also, not to mention used twice grinds my english gears :P
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Add if you are a good ADC
#9Shadow EdgePosted 1/16/2013 7:50:09 PM

Does squat in lane. Explodes without items.

It is.

Can't trade with tops. Max CDR bruiser Blitz is like a disruptive 1v1 Xin but getting there is painful. He's entirely functional without gold so people put him as support (or rarely jungle).
---
ns
#10xRustySpoonPosted 1/16/2013 7:55:14 PM
Yeah, I figured Skarner would get poked down. But you get supports like Leona, who are basically in the same boat re. no sustain for the ADC, and are fine.

wat

they're literally not even close to being in the same boat.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.