Need to learn how to AP mid and jungle

#1YomjosekiPosted 1/16/2013 9:57:50 PM(edited)
My best role is support. It's the only role I'd say I'm pretty good at. I play a pretty good Taric, Sona, Leona and Blitz.

My second best role is top. I'm decent with Singed, Mantheon, Trundle, and Wukong. I'd say I'm pretty prepared to handle either of those roles.

I'm very inconsistent as an ADC. I don't play it a lot, which doesn't help, obviously. But I can play MF/Graves/Ashe well enough assuming the rest of my team can hold their own. But I'm not gonna be single-handedly carrying games as an ADC.

Mid is something I almost never play. I'm not BAD at it, per se, but I don't have a good handle, at all, on playing AP carries. I farm decently. I rarely feed. However, I don't recognize good opportunities to gank and I rarely outright win the lane. Of the mids I do play, I'm probably most comfortable with Gragas and Morde (though I despise Morde's early game, I like how he's able to recover from crappy starts). edit: I'm solid with Anivia as well, she just doesn't seem to do well against most of the mids that are out now, who are either uber-mobile or uber-rangey.

I used to jungle, but it's something I got away from. I jungled a lot at the end of season 1, but it's changed enough that it's not something I'm strong at anymore. It's not the actual jungling that gives me a problem. My problem is that I tend to end up falling behind considerably in gold and xp compared to my teammates. Maybe it's because I don't 'cover' lanes enough (ie: straight up take teammate creeps). Also, I'm poor at dealing with counterjungling. Anyway, I can play Nocturne, Trundle and Nunu reasonably well. I like that Nunu isn't very affected if he falls behind in XP and farm, but I also feel like he's very team reliant. However, Trundle I feel is only effective against people who have no idea what he does, and it's easy to fall behind with Nocturne.

I know these are things that will improve with experience, but what are some champs you'd recommend to go mid or jungle with?
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#2BhelliumPosted 1/16/2013 9:28:57 PM
Yomjoseki posted...
My problem is that I tend to end up falling behind considerably in gold and xp compared to my teammates.

That's pretty much what is supposed to happen. They just buffed the payouts a bit but you're not going to have as much gold unless you get several early ganks or counterjungles.

At least that's my understanding but I'm the worst jungler ever so take it with a grain of salt.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#3MwarriorHieiPosted 1/16/2013 9:36:04 PM
AP mid

theres your problem. stop thinking that AP champs can only go mid or that the champs you take top cant be played mid. mid is like top only its safer and you can gank side lanes if you push the lane.
---
o.o
#4Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:39:22 PM(edited)
MwarriorHiei posted...
AP mid

theres your problem. stop thinking that AP champs can only go mid or that the champs you take top cant be played mid. mid is like top only its safer and you can gank side lanes if you push the lane.

I never said anything to that effect or implied it. I can't play AP champs. That's why I specified them. I'm not gonna take an AP champ top to face a bruiser (derr) and I'm not gonna play them bot either (double derr) so I'm gonna play them mid if my team needs an AP champ. I can play Kha'zix or Mantheon fine mid, but that doesn't help when we have no AP and I gotta mid.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#5PraetorianGhostPosted 1/16/2013 9:52:17 PM
How to mid:
1: Pick Ryze
2: Acquire Rod of Ages and Tear of the Goddess.
3: Turn Tear into Manamune.
4: Get 750 bonus mana on Manamune.
5: Get a sheen and build it into the ice item.
6: Roll face on keyboard and proceed to win game.
Optional step 7: Max out rest of inventory with Seraphs Embrace.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#6Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:53:19 PM
PraetorianGhost posted...
How to mid:
1: Pick Ryze
2: Acquire Rod of Ages and Tear of the Goddess.
3: Turn Tear into Manamune.
4: Get 750 bonus mana on Manamune.
5: Get a sheen and build it into the ice item.
6: Roll face on keyboard and proceed to win game.
Optional step 7: Max out rest of inventory with Seraphs Embrace.

I should mention that I'm unspeakably bad with Ryze.

I've played a decent number of games on him, I just suck at him. I don't know how, either.
---
#7Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:57:17 PM
Bump

Just played a normal on Galio for the first time, went reasonably well considering I died too much during laning to their jungler and I was against a GP, but w/e. 8/6/13 and we won, with me ripping buttholes in team fights.
---
#8Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:40:06 AM
Not cool, guys :(
---
#9gfshynoblPosted 1/17/2013 1:45:32 AM
trundle for jungle
he clears fast ,stays almost full hp at all times
and a great duelist.

you can go panth mid also and dominate easily.

atm in s3 it really doesnt matter who you pick mid. aslong your comfortable in holding your own and farming, Pretty much about just ganking bot/top asap.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot