The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Best way to farm IP? Maybe dominion with Elise..?

#1Silver Shadow XPosted 1/17/2013 12:22:42 AM
I need a lot of runes. A loooot of runes. I have literally no AP ones and I'm like level 27, so I need to farm. I'm fighting the temptation to buy IP boosts instead of skins.

So yeah, dominion? Bot games? Give in and buy IP boosts (and if so, where would the boost be best spent?).
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#2Phase 8Posted 1/17/2013 12:26:57 AM
Funny enough, I ended up farming a lot of IP with Elise in Dominion myself. She's really good at soloing bot "lane" while everyone else goes elsewhere.
---
"Veil of time descend. Atop the ash tree wend. Light of the stars portend. The feather shalt transcend..."
PSN - theonesin, Pawn: Dmitri(Warrior)
#3HasirePosted 1/17/2013 12:28:07 AM
Playing is the fastest way to gain IP.
---
NA: Hasire
EU East: Khepas
#4gfshynoblPosted 1/17/2013 12:32:50 AM
play games
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#5kfcguy77Posted 1/17/2013 2:04:43 AM
IP boosts suck. Don't ever buy them unless you have a ton of disposable income.

As for modes, SR and Dom give simiar ip yields since you spend more time sitting in queue in dom then SR, which counterbalances the slightly higher ip gain you get from that mode. Honestly, just play whatever mode you're better at winning in, since winning gives more IP then losing.

Co-op and customs give less ip then standard pvp modes, so don't play them if you want to max your ip gain.
#6Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:52:34 AM(edited)
Phase 8 posted...
Funny enough, I ended up farming a lot of IP with Elise in Dominion myself. She's really good at soloing bot "lane" while everyone else goes elsewhere.

Yeah, she seems really strong on dom. Diana might be making a comeback as well (or maybe she never stopped being good there). I may have to get rid of smartcast Q for Diana though...

Hasire posted...
Playing is the fastest way to gain IP.

gfshynobl posted...
play games

I wish I'd thought of this. Thanks for the deep insight you two have provided.

kfcguy77 posted...
IP boosts suck. Don't ever buy them unless you have a ton of disposable income.

As for modes, SR and Dom give simiar ip yields since you spend more time sitting in queue in dom then SR, which counterbalances the slightly higher ip gain you get from that mode. Honestly, just play whatever mode you're better at winning in, since winning gives more IP then losing.

Co-op and customs give less ip then standard pvp modes, so don't play them if you want to max your ip gain.

I definitely don't have excess cash. That said, it seems you've basically elaborated on what the last 2 posters said. Although, dominion queue doesn't seem that long at all to me. SR averages 30 seconds, but gets to nearly 2 minutes after taking into account people that afk repeatedly every 10 seconds, people that decline, people that dodge when champ select doesn't go their way. No one dodges dominion usually in my experience, and the full 10 people tend to accept first time around, heh.

But I also haven't played a lot of dominion. Perhaps this will become noticeably different over time.

And, I'll put the idea of farming bots games out of my head as well >_>.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#7SorrySleepingPosted 1/17/2013 9:57:32 AM
SR > TT> CS > Bots
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#8Cloud25Posted 1/17/2013 12:32:21 PM
I believe you only get 80% IP from playing bots. The thing is, you'll likely win 90% of your bot games unlike PvP and its also stress free. So it evens out IMO, I don't see how it's that bad.

IP boosts are not worth it for obtaining champions but they are worth it for runes. But if you don't have disposable income then it is what it is.

I hear Domnion is the fastest but idk, I think Summoner's Rift is better.
#9Hyper InfernoPosted 1/17/2013 12:52:40 PM
Play a super strong pushing champion that can snowball out of control in a bot game to guarantee a win of the day. Pantheon, Twisted Fate, or Heimerdinger are good choices for that.

Then play SR or Dominion for IP.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#10trunks76140Posted 1/17/2013 1:00:57 PM
On the subject of IP boosts...

I remember when I (somehow, I didn't buy one... Holiday free one maybe?) had a timed IP boost going. I gotta say it was REALLY noticeable, especially with the fact I was able to play a fair amount of games.I can't remember how much I was getting on average per game, but a quick look at my match history shows some first win of day matches with mid 200 (230-260) IP gains. That's without the timed boost (it's long since expired) but if you could buy a per win boost and it's the same value...

Well you can ALMOST get 10 win boost for 5 bucks (20 RP off >_<) but lets say for 5 bucks you can get 8. If you could average 225 a game on win (assuming the boost is same as first win of day) that's 1.8k IP for 5 bucks.

When you compare vs champions RP cost... 5 bucks gets you 650 RP, which is enough for a 585 champ with a little left over... which cost only 1350 IP.

So...

Cloud25 posted...
IP boosts are not worth it for obtaining champions but they are worth it for runes. But if you don't have disposable income then it is what it is.

Although I would be quite interested to see how a TIMED boost stacked up IP wise to per win... But of course, with the timed you better have a lot of time to play the game. But for 5 bucks you can get 3 days worth (with some RP leftover), so if you have a 3day weekend and nothing better to do.... Well as I said when I had that free timed one going it made a pretty noticeable difference in my IP gain.