J4 build

#1darkman95Posted 1/17/2013 9:35:10 AM
Just picked up J4 in anticipation of the new skin and I'm wondering how to build him, more on the tanky side or more on the AD side? I want a tanky fighter come late game, but also capable of high damage output like Riven or Jax.

Mastaries: 9-21-0
Runes: armor pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues, AD quints

My build:

Start- boots and pots
first back- 2 dorans
final build- Merc / NT, FM, LW, BC, Runic Bulwark, Randuins

Conversely I hear J4 is mana hungry so I don't know if it would be better to swap out Randuins with frozen heart, to be honest I prefer the HP and slow over the armor.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#2themagicpainmanPosted 1/17/2013 9:36:33 AM(edited)
Gunman 4-Oh...
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3VrindlvinePosted 1/17/2013 9:37:21 AM
J4 isnt about high damage abilities. Hes a good AA late game but only late. I usually go jungle with ad red and purple. Cloth + 5 pots. Get boots phage and aegis. Now your tanky and get bloodthirster, mallet, and brutizer. I also get gauntlet for more armor starting with glacial shroud. But i get frozen heart if i need more armor. Get bulwark if you need more mr.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#4alcaPWNED212Posted 1/17/2013 9:37:32 AM
darkman95 posted...
Just picked up J4 in anticipation of the new skin and I'm wondering how to build him, more on the tanky side or more on the AD side? I want a tanky fighter come late game, but also capable of high damage output like Riven or Jax.

Mastaries: 9-21-0
Runes: armor pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues, AD quints

My build:

Start- boots and pots
first back- 2 dorans
final build- Merc / NT, FM, LW, BC, Runic Bulwark, Randuins

Conversely I hear J4 is mana hungry so I don't know if it would be better to swap out Randuins with frozen heart, to be honest I prefer the HP and slow over the armor.

I like frozen heart over Randuins.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#5hellraiser121Posted 1/17/2013 9:37:57 AM
J4 mid is secret OP
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#6pinkpantherfan5Posted 1/17/2013 10:13:14 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
J4 isnt about high damage abilities.

EQ-AA(for triforce proc/passive) Dunk.
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#7mantana888Posted 1/17/2013 10:20:06 AM
Don't start cloth 5 on jungle jarvan, get machete instead. He already gets armor from his E, and the bonus AS makes machete even more efficient.

I preferred FH, unless someone else was getting it

6 item tanky build

Mercs
TF
FH
Bulwark/MaM/Mercurial*
BT
Warmogs(Sixth item is very situational)

* Get Bulwark if no one else has grabbed it, MaM if you aren't being targetted with CC, Merc if they have WW or Malz or another long stun.

Maybe even get a Crucible if your carry needs the extra peel.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#8dotsdfePosted 1/17/2013 10:21:31 AM
I don't even have a solid Jarvan build because he can basically build whatever the hell he wants and gets away with it. One game I build Merc's Treads, Trinity Force, Atma's, Black Cleaver, BT, and Hydra and wrecked face with him. He can basically build pure damage and still be tanky, or build pure tank and still have utility in the fight.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#9oblivionscythePosted 1/17/2013 10:27:56 AM
With J4 being my main, I tend to lean towards a tanker build to get the most out of his disruptive capabilities. I'll usually start boots3 but depending on the lane, I'll start my Philo and grab some pots. Philo/boots/ruby crystal first back. Depending on the opposing team, I'll make the crystal into a phage>mallet or catalyst>BV. For health, I'll grab a sunfire/warmogs. For more support, bulwark. Atma's for extra ad/crit/armor. Build what is needed other than that. Get proficient at knocking up as many as possible, pulling yourself through walls, -NOT- walling your team in, peeling , etc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#10XxAzerothxXPosted 1/17/2013 10:46:38 AM
>2013
>not building Carrivan the IV.

Top: 9/21; Ignite/Flash
Bottle/ward/pot

Start 'Q'
Harass with 'Q' and 'AAs' every time they get close, when they dip below ~60% hp, 'e' 'q' 'aa' -> ignite = firstblood. Good job!

Proceed into either double doran's or brutalizer to snowball and remain relevant throughout the game with a teamfight winning ult.
---
R.I.P. ManCelaPedo