Any championship matches where the team isn't abiding the norm?

#1ArevinPosted 1/17/2013 8:31:39 PM
I always ask why a team must always have a support, adc, jungle, solo top, and ap. Aren't there any teams that are unorthodox and unconventional and prove to be able to win?
---
i5-2500k OC 4.5GHz@1.22v || Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 || Intel 80 GB SSD || F3 1 TB HDD || Corsair 8GB || MSI GTX 580 Lightning || 1050W || HAF X || Hyper 212+
#2mystermandragonPosted 1/17/2013 8:35:20 PM
people always to tell you to not be normal and do unorthodox things, but at the end of the day, things are normal because they are effective.

The norm is to wear clothes in the winter because its cold, just like there are good reasons for lanes to be the way they are and just breaking the norm for the sake of break the norm isnt going to win you games.

its silly to expect the teams to change unless they find a good reason to.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 1/17/2013 9:27:05 PM
Championship matches are where the meta comes from. Originally, LoL didn't have defined roles like that, but when the professionals started playing, they found what was the most effective combination, and that became the meta. With each new discovery in the championship matches, the meta alters ever-so-slightly, accounting for the meta-shifts we see so often.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/17/2013 9:31:19 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Championship matches are where the meta comes from. Originally, LoL didn't have defined roles like that, but when the professionals started playing, they found what was the most effective combination, and that became the meta. With each new discovery in the championship matches, the meta alters ever-so-slightly, accounting for the meta-shifts we see so often.

What meta-shifts has this game seen thus far? I've only been around since Zed released.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#5PresumptiousPosted 1/17/2013 9:36:22 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...

What meta-shifts has this game seen thus far? I've only been around since Zed released.

People now starting with A flask + Ward + Pot, Flask + 3 Pots, or even 9 Hp + 2 wards are all pretty new when you consider boots 3 was the only viable start for a long time.
---
Truly, Truly, Truly, Outrageous.
#6CheezWhizXPosted 1/17/2013 9:59:19 PM(edited)
Presumptious posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...

People now starting with A flask + Ward + Pot, Flask + 3 Pots, or even 9 Hp + 2 wards are all pretty new when you consider boots 3 was the only viable start for a long time.

Boots + 3 Pots was only viable because it gave +50 MS in Season 2. Now that it only gives +25 MS and you have an innate +25 MS already, it's not worth it.

As for unorthodox, there isn't that much that pushes outside the normal 2 Bot, 1 Mid, 1 Top, 1 Jungle. AD Casters are doing pretty well competitively in the mid. iG did a kill lane bot that worked vs. the strongest team in the world (World Elite) and Frost ran Annie/Brand bot unsuccessfully a while ago.

You're more likely to find changes in picks and strategies rather than straight out lane shifts. They aren't going to break the 2 Bot, 1 Mid, 1 Top, 1 Jungle. It's literally been that way forever. You're not going to see double Jungle, triple lane, etc. because of how the gold system works.

The last major change was when AD/Support bot replaced Tank/Support bot way back in Season 1. The counterjungling at Hannover/Kiev or fast tower pushing at MLG Arena were just strategies, not meta changes.

---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#7funkys-flightsPosted 1/17/2013 10:19:48 PM
I don't remember the teams or the tourney, even with a few searches, but about 6 mo. ago during s2 I remember one team ran about 3 or 4 adc all mid, with a few teleports. The mid tower was down so fast, as they could teleport to a minion to make it invincible from turret fire, allowing all ranged champs to chip away at the turret.

Unfortunately it didn't pay off because the other team sent a shyv or maybe a Karth top or something to hyperfarm, rush to level 6, and be a few items and levels over all the rest of the players in mid sharing exp. The adc team got steamrolled shortly after, but it was a very exciting action packed first 15 minutes.

First one I can think off from the top of my head
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)