Don't surrender

#11Wario_manPosted 1/18/2013 7:29:38 AM
Wario_man posted...
I haven't watched the vid yet but I agree with the topic title alone. not even ten minutes in people are wanting to quit. I hate that, why would I throw away ten-twenty minutes of my life and not even see the result? What's the point in even playing if you're just going to quit at the first sign of it going wrong? How is that fair to EITHER team?
The whole point is to have fun, if you're just going to throw that out of the way and just make it purely win/lose and nothing else, I honestly don't see what people get out of it. I mean you're playing a game where a Robot is fighting against a man from the future against a little girl with magical powers, where exactly does this obsession with seriousness come from?
When my team mates or my enemies say I should surrender I tend to say "No, I will either die a warrior's death or return home to a hero's banquet!" and keep fighting.

I really like the last part of you post (the whole thing was lovely though), since it's a really funny way to point out how pointless raging at this game is (well, any game really).

I know, the community is this game is beyond awful. The only game online I've mainly played was Awesomenauts (PC, obviously) and while you sometimes get a couple of jerks for the most part they're a jolly bunch. Usually I start a match saying "Imma Wario, Imma gonna win!" or "Wario_man is here, the game is fun again!" then if I die or get harrassed in the game by someone or just for the sake of it I pick a random name on the enemy team and say "Hey (enemy name)" they'll respond with some variation of "Yeah?" then I'll be like "**** you" and usually lols are had. DO NOT do ANY of that in this game. Jesus Christ the people in this game >_>
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#12TaintedCatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:33:10 AM
Wario_man posted...
Wario_man posted...
I haven't watched the vid yet but I agree with the topic title alone. not even ten minutes in people are wanting to quit. I hate that, why would I throw away ten-twenty minutes of my life and not even see the result? What's the point in even playing if you're just going to quit at the first sign of it going wrong? How is that fair to EITHER team?
The whole point is to have fun, if you're just going to throw that out of the way and just make it purely win/lose and nothing else, I honestly don't see what people get out of it. I mean you're playing a game where a Robot is fighting against a man from the future against a little girl with magical powers, where exactly does this obsession with seriousness come from?
When my team mates or my enemies say I should surrender I tend to say "No, I will either die a warrior's death or return home to a hero's banquet!" and keep fighting.

I really like the last part of you post (the whole thing was lovely though), since it's a really funny way to point out how pointless raging at this game is (well, any game really).

I know, the community is this game is beyond awful. The only game online I've mainly played was Awesomenauts (PC, obviously) and while you sometimes get a couple of jerks for the most part they're a jolly bunch. Usually I start a match saying "Imma Wario, Imma gonna win!" or "Wario_man is here, the game is fun again!" then if I die or get harrassed in the game by someone or just for the sake of it I pick a random name on the enemy team and say "Hey (enemy name)" they'll respond with some variation of "Yeah?" then I'll be like "**** you" and usually lols are had. DO NOT do ANY of that in this game. Jesus Christ the people in this game >_>

lol, that sounds like it would all just be fun, but not in lol, people will lose it 90% of the time.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends and Gears of War
www.youtube.com/TaintedCatalyst
#13Wario_manPosted 1/18/2013 7:36:19 AM
You sound like someone who isn't a total jerk, if you want add me: WarioDuke and we can play together :)
I usually prefer to play one on one to test out the mountains of champions that I have purchased but I do online every now and then :)
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#14TaintedCatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:38:26 AM
Wario_man posted...
You sound like someone who isn't a total jerk, if you want add me: WarioDuke and we can play together :)
I usually prefer to play one on one to test out the mountains of champions that I have purchased but I do online every now and then :)

I'm on EUW, are you?
---
#15Reaper_MinionPosted 1/18/2013 7:39:12 AM
I absolutely never surrender a game that doesn't have an afker, but I really hate it when my team doesn't even try after a failed surrender vote. They just run and suicide or sit in base all day.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#16TaintedCatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:39:35 AM
Right, I gotta go do some shopping. Thanks for checking out the video so far guys, let see if we can get more people checking it out and discussing!
---
#17Wario_manPosted 1/18/2013 7:40:24 AM
Wario_man posted...

I'm on EUW, are you?

I think I went into the American one because the last time I was on a Europe server I rarely found anyone that played English :(
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#18TaintedCatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:08:47 PM
Bump
---
#19Edgemaster70000Posted 1/18/2013 3:29:39 PM
Reaper_Minion posted...
I absolutely never surrender a game that doesn't have an afker, but I really hate it when my team doesn't even try after a failed surrender vote. They just run and suicide or sit in base all day.

KNow the sad thing? This NEVER happens to me. It's always the leaver on MY team.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#20Master Of The DeadPosted 1/18/2013 4:15:41 PM
They threw that game so hard.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif