Don't surrender

#21Mander1861Posted 1/18/2013 3:53:10 PM
Props
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#22ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/18/2013 3:57:34 PM
Wario_man posted...
I haven't watched the vid yet but I agree with the topic title alone. not even ten minutes in people are wanting to quit. I hate that, why would I throw away ten-twenty minutes of my life and not even see the result? What's the point in even playing if you're just going to quit at the first sign of it going wrong? How is that fair to EITHER team?
The whole point is to have fun, if you're just going to throw that out of the way and just make it purely win/lose and nothing else, I honestly don't see what people get out of it. I mean you're playing a game where a Robot is fighting against a man from the future against a little girl with magical powers, where exactly does this obsession with seriousness come from?
When my team mates or my enemies say I should surrender I tend to say "No, I will either die a warrior's death or return home to a hero's banquet!" and keep fighting.

Some people get their fun from winning, and don't want to risk getting reported because they're forced to AFK in spawn due to not wanting to finish a game in which the guy who doesn't want to quit is constantly feeding (or whatever the case may be).

Some matches are hopeless, whether it be due to team composition or just terrible teammates. This is usually evident within the first 20 minutes. It may be a waste of time for you to have played that far into the game, that would be true for me as well, but it's just wasting more time for me to continue suffering through a hopeless match.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#23NeoAndurilPosted 1/18/2013 4:12:33 PM
There's people in this topic talking about the young generation as if they don't belong to it.
#24Wario_manPosted 1/19/2013 3:37:22 AM
Wario_man posted...
I haven't watched the vid yet but I agree with the topic title alone. not even ten minutes in people are wanting to quit. I hate that, why would I throw away ten-twenty minutes of my life and not even see the result? What's the point in even playing if you're just going to quit at the first sign of it going wrong? How is that fair to EITHER team?
The whole point is to have fun, if you're just going to throw that out of the way and just make it purely win/lose and nothing else, I honestly don't see what people get out of it. I mean you're playing a game where a Robot is fighting against a man from the future against a little girl with magical powers, where exactly does this obsession with seriousness come from?
When my team mates or my enemies say I should surrender I tend to say "No, I will either die a warrior's death or return home to a hero's banquet!" and keep fighting.

Some people get their fun from winning, and don't want to risk getting reported because they're forced to AFK in spawn due to not wanting to finish a game in which the guy who doesn't want to quit is constantly feeding (or whatever the case may be).

Some matches are hopeless, whether it be due to team composition or just terrible teammates. This is usually evident within the first 20 minutes. It may be a waste of time for you to have played that far into the game, that would be true for me as well, but it's just wasting more time for me to continue suffering through a hopeless match.

So what, why just rush into the next match when the same thing could happen or into a match where they could be dominating instead of being dominated? Why is that any more fun? You start a game, make friends and have a good time. If you're just going to go from match to match but quit the moment things don't go your way what motivation do you have to play in the first place?
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#25nomorePosted 1/19/2013 4:10:47 AM
I think surrendering is sometimes appropriate.

Because at the end of the day, sometimes you are just in an unwinnable position against any somewhat competent team.
Why would I want to waste another 10-20 minutes on a loss when we could surrender and jump into another game for a fresh start.

When we start to get really dominated, like every lane is losing and our towers are falling, thats when the flaming starts.. People slagging each other off constantly - it stops being as fun as it was.
If my team wants to actually try and band together and go for the win, then I am all for it.
But generally, Quit, start over, learn from where you went wrong.
#26iscareu13Posted 1/19/2013 4:23:03 AM
nomore posted...
I think surrendering is sometimes appropriate.

Because at the end of the day, sometimes you are just in an unwinnable position against any somewhat competent team.
Why would I want to waste another 10-20 minutes on a loss when we could surrender and jump into another game for a fresh start.

When we start to get really dominated, like every lane is losing and our towers are falling, thats when the flaming starts.. People slagging each other off constantly - it stops being as fun as it was.
If my team wants to actually try and band together and go for the win, then I am all for it.
But generally, Quit, start over, learn from where you went wrong.

This
#27kirbymuncherPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:37 AM
You guys weren't even that far behind, lol

they may have had a lot of kills compared to you, but all yours were on rumble who is pretty scary with that AoE
---
IGN: Bobemmo
#28TaintedCatalyst(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 1:02:30 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I have had a lot of fun reading through the discussion.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends and Gears of War
www.youtube.com/TaintedCatalyst
#2904DarkPosted 1/19/2013 6:03:57 PM
There are just some games you really have to surrender...
I was playing as Gangplank, top.
Then there was Riven and someone else bot. I see they were having trouble.
I ask them if they need help bot. They said no. I asked again just to be sure.
Then they both die. I ask if they need help. They say no.
They both die again.
Then I'm mad at that point. I'm like what the **** is going on.
Then Riven said, "Im a noob".
And the other person said "They are fed now, there is nothing we can do".
So yeah... I was like, "We are surrendering at 20".
There are some games you know you can't win. Also, another issue is I'm only level 12 right now, so I'm planning with some really nooby people.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg