Why are NA Teams not in good shape?

#21EDumeyPosted 1/18/2013 9:33:06 AM
TSM, and to a lesser extent Curse and CLG, get a large majority of their revenue from streaming. This means they spend a LOT more time streaming solo/duo queue normal games and low-tier scrims, whereas the foreign teams get more practice playing formal games, because most of what they do is prepare for tourneys.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#22Gevauden(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:34:48 AM
EDumey posted...
TSM, and to a lesser extent Curse and CLG, get a large majority of their revenue from streaming. This means they spend a LOT more time streaming solo/duo queue normal games and low-tier scrims, whereas the foreign teams get more practice playing formal games, because most of what they do is prepare for tourneys.

Intresting
---
90% of communication is non verbal ( --_ 0 )
#23VeeVeesPosted 1/18/2013 9:37:58 AM
Vonkilington posted...
USA is tired from dominating everybody in the Olympics (IE: the only event that actually matters) to win pixel wars.

lol
olympic is worthless. professional leagues matters more.
---
Rudy sucks
**** Lars
#24EcchiBakaPosted 1/18/2013 9:43:43 AM
You have a long way to go if you want to acquire the reflexes of a disciplined Asian gamer.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#25CovenantPosted 1/18/2013 9:45:10 AM
EDumey posted...

Wait, I don't have to be the one to post this for once? It feels so weird.

But yeah, it turns out when you give people money to entertain you, they tend to focus more on entertaining you rather than doing things that it would be disadvantageous to broadcast.
#26TrevorkkhoPosted 1/18/2013 10:04:27 AM
gfshynobl posted...
football nope?
futbol(soccer) nope
basketball (nope)
baseball (nope.avi)
tennis (lol nope.avi)
golf(nope)
swimming(nope)

judo maybe?

na loses, cause there egos are sooo high from their retarded fans.

Football/basketball go find me a decent team with 50% white
soccer, go watch last FIFA and check Japan team
Baseball, japan loved it
tennis, almost same as football/basketball
golf isn't even in 95% of Olympic(coming back in 2016)
Swimming, I will give you that
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#27Snacks92Posted 1/18/2013 10:11:36 AM
Dyrus was talking about this the other day when he was raging at his teammates for being dumb during a stream.

He said something along the lines of the Asian and European players are trying to push the limits of the game and come with new things and new ideas in order to have an advantage, but that they also understand the basic mechanics of the game so that they don't come up with extremely stupid bulls*** whenever they try to think of something new.

Then he said NA players demand that the game work in a rigid fashion and don't really try anything that the enemy isn't prepared to handle.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/fu2fzq.jpg
#28hellraiser121Posted 1/18/2013 10:17:32 AM
Trevorkkho posted...
gfshynobl posted...
football nope?
futbol(soccer) nope
basketball (nope)
baseball (nope.avi)
tennis (lol nope.avi)
golf(nope)
swimming(nope)

judo maybe?

na loses, cause there egos are sooo high from their retarded fans.

Football/basketball go find me a decent team with 50% white
soccer, go watch last FIFA and check Japan team
Baseball, japan loved it
tennis, almost same as football/basketball
golf isn't even in 95% of Olympic(coming back in 2016)
Swimming, I will give you that

What does 50% white have to do with anything? Also most of the top 25 college teams could beat the Asians in basketball or in football

The last good Asian soccer team I remember was South Korea and that was more of a fluke than anything. USA is consistently ranked in the top 20 teams for the last few years.

I can possibly give you baseball, but history shows that the best baseball players from Asia do not have the same success in the MLB. The only one who has truly been great was Ichiro and the rest have been mediocre (ie Matsui).

Tennis? When was the last time an Asian won a Grand Slam event?

Golf is actually pretty popular in Asian countries, but USA is still a lot better.

Swimming is pretty close, but the Olympics proved that we were better.
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#29Dark_DcPosted 1/18/2013 10:18:55 AM
Snacks92 posted...
Dyrus was talking about this the other day when he was raging at his teammates for being dumb during a stream.

He said something along the lines of the Asian and European players are trying to push the limits of the game and come with new things and new ideas in order to have an advantage, but that they also understand the basic mechanics of the game so that they don't come up with extremely stupid bulls*** whenever they try to think of something new.

Then he said NA players demand that the game work in a rigid fashion and don't really try anything that the enemy isn't prepared to handle.

Love this answer. But I think part of it might also be, as stated, cultural stuff like individualism vs collectivism.

Not to mention that practicing like and idiot (streaming) makes you perform like an idiot no matter how good you are. I have a friend who says he only cares about ranked, so in normal practice matches he does stuff like glass cannon tanks and 1v5ing amongst other silly decisions.

Then he wonders why he's stuck in 1200 ELO. He's only practicing being silly/bad and can't win. There is a distinct difference between having fun while playing and goofing off to the point that you suck
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#30hellraiser121Posted 1/18/2013 10:19:03 AM
VeeVees posted...
Vonkilington posted...
USA is tired from dominating everybody in the Olympics (IE: the only event that actually matters) to win pixel wars.

lol
olympic is worthless. professional leagues matters more.

USA professional leagues>>>>>>>The rest of the world's leagues (except for soccer)
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII