Best way to build Kayle?

#1xBrokenxHaloxPosted 1/18/2013 11:57:47 AM
AD, AP, or Hybrid?

I've been going hybrid-y for a few games more focused towards AP though.

Any builds to what you think is best?
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#2Hyper InfernoPosted 1/18/2013 12:08:54 PM
AD has the strongest late game, AP has a stronger early game.

Building hybrid is pretty expensive, and you don't get the same late game benefits as a straight AD build.

AP does tend to allow for more CDR itemization, which is quite helpful for Kayle, as it means more uptime for damage amplification on her Q, more uptime for E (permanent if you max it out), and more invulnerability for your entire team.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#3Flame_HazardPosted 1/18/2013 12:10:54 PM(edited)
Been trying to figure this out myself. I made a topic, which contained conflicting opinions. All the guides vary heavily, all the Kayle's I spectate vary heavily...so I don't know. I decided to play hybrid though. Running AS marks, AD quints, and armor/mr. Masterie's are straight hybrid damage since I'm just doing normals anyway, and I build Nashor's, Rageblade. Everything following this has been random. I've gotten the idea to consider trying gunblade, zephyr, and malady for the next items though, and maybe hurricane.

If nothing else, it's fun, but I'd like to see if anyone has some legit experienced recommendations here.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#4Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/18/2013 12:13:50 PM
The closest you should be going to hybrid is Rageblade because it's just so good on Kayle for every possible build.

Zephyr is a good choice in an AD/CDR build.
---
Spongebob quote goes here. If you're seeing this, I'm on my phone.
Contacts in Profile
#5EvilmonsterPosted 1/18/2013 12:18:33 PM
Guinsoo should be a starter item no matter what. Even though it is hybrid, it's not too pricey and you get really strong after it. It has AD/AP and AS along with armor shred.

I like hybrid myself, you probably won't be super carry but she's very solid all around.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#6Arken101Posted 1/18/2013 12:19:28 PM
Every Kayle is good. She is probably the best champion for variability in her builds and has no set path.
---
Dota2 was mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#7xBrokenxHalox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:21:23 PM
Been going Nashor's/Malady/GunBlade/Rabadons

Working out pretty well, but I see a lot of different builds for her.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#8MegaSlimePosted 1/18/2013 12:28:32 PM
She can play every role with competence so there probably really isn't a best way to build Kayle.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#9DualSword31Posted 1/18/2013 12:47:12 PM
AP Kayle.
#10zero3nbaPosted 1/18/2013 1:11:16 PM
AD Kayle if you want to carry your team.
---
But he's so smart and analytical, too. He could be a combination analyst and therapist. The world's first analrapist. - KMAnsem