Who wins lane?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#2SSStierPosted 1/18/2013 10:09:41 PM
elise
---
UC
#3Arken101Posted 1/18/2013 10:15:37 PM
Elise always wins lane. Her Q is on a crazy short CD, Irelia can't win any outright trades either due to Spider form's mad DPS, and she can't really get ganked if the elise player is smart.

Here's a tip, while you can't descend on allied wards, you can do it on enemy ones, plop a vision ward in the river bush as opposed to a sight ward when the enemy drops a sight ward there. You now have a free escape.
---
Dota2 was mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#4Diorte(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:24:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Diorte(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:33:17 PM(edited)
I'm winning lane so far. 1/0/3 to 0/3/0, 107 to 73.

Oh, I'm Irelia.

http://i.imgur.com/rHDvTre.jpg

Yea, either everyone's exaggerating the hell out of Elise top, or Irelia is a good counter to Elise and you guys are just on the Elise-humping train.
---
#6thecrossnkightPosted 1/18/2013 10:52:37 PM
Irelia is one of the few I'd straight hate to fight as elise. Unless she preps ahead of time with tanky masteries + tanky runes Irelia straight wins trades. Elise can't poke her either because once Irelia is 3, the moment she gets less HP than elise its an easy wqe-auto-auto. At that point Elise HAS to back out because hiten style is up and shes 50% of her hp behind irelia.

Later on, given irelia not being fed, around level 9, elise can really lay the hurt on her. But prior to that its a pain.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#7MegaSlimePosted 1/18/2013 10:55:03 PM
Lane matchups is also based on skill.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#8_HeXPosted 1/18/2013 10:55:06 PM
Never ever lost to Irelia as Elise. You can free harras her every time Q is off CD and if she Q's onto you, Cocoon, Q + W and follow up with spider combo or simply back away. Seriously, Elise craps on anyone who is melee.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9Diorte(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:18:31 PM(edited)
_HeX posted...
Never ever lost to Irelia as Elise. You can free harras her every time Q is off CD and if she Q's onto you, Cocoon, Q + W and follow up with spider combo or simply back away. Seriously, Elise craps on anyone who is melee.

I bought magic res, and maybe she wasn't leveling her Q, but it did no damage to me. I always dove on her after she used some spell, usually spit or spider, and then since I'm not stupid and knew her cocoon was coming every time I side-stepped a few of them. When she went into spider form I just walked away. I know spider Elise wants you to stand still and fight, but literally just walking away makes her W go to waste, and by that time I usually had her low enough to W+Q+E onto her to finish her. If I had my ult up, I could just walk up to her and kill her.

Fiddle is also a hard counter to her from what I've seen, and he ganked a couple times, she was helpless.
---
#10_HeXPosted 1/18/2013 11:20:07 PM
Diorte posted...
_HeX posted...

I bought magic res, and maybe she wasn't leveling her Q, but it did no damage to me. I always dove on her after she used some spell, usually spit or spider, and then since I'm not stupid and knew her cocoon was coming every time I side-stepped a few of them. When she went into spider form I just walked away. I know spider Elise wants you to stand still and fight, but literally just walking away makes her W go to waste, and by that time I usually had her low enough to W+Q+E onto her to finish her. If I had my ult up, I could just walk up to her and kill her.

Fiddle is also a hard counter to her from what I've seen, and he ganked a couple times, she was helpless.

The guy you fought was without a doubt bad though, Elise has the upper hand if you factor in someone who's more or less equally skilled. I can always anticipate Irelia dives so I'm ready with the stun at the exact moment as she dives to you, you won't have time to sidestep it.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.