Is it just me or is the LoL community...

#1Unbridled9Posted 1/19/2013 12:24:34 AM
Horribly elitist? I don't mean just on Gamefaqs either (though I do see a lot here). It seems like even minor screw-ups and errors will send people screaming about how you are a noob and such. Today I was playing as Vi and pulled her E while laying into a foe and unwittingly killed another guy with it. I suddenly got a load of 'KS n00b' replies and such. This has been a good day for me.

On other days I see people screaming out every time something goes even slightly wrong. When I started to learn to jungle I didn't know if I should start with wraiths or wolves and picked wraiths and suddenly the mid was furious because he 'didn't need my help'. When I want to try new champions to see if I like them/am good with them if it's not one of the 'best' champs I get flak for it even in bot games. Even something as simple as missing a punch or putting a ward slightly off seems to be punished disproportionally harshly. Why is the community like this?

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/344.html

Link offered without comment.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#2bobguydude1Posted 1/19/2013 12:33:06 AM
I like the irony you used by talking about elitist then linked to a WoW webcomic. well down. play dota or dota2 for a bit then come back and tell us about elitist
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#3SmishhhPosted 1/19/2013 2:17:07 AM
That doesn't sound like elitism at all. That sounds like you're playing with complete noobs and morons. Mid thinking you are trying to help them when you're standing by wraiths waiting for them to spawn means that person clearly doesn't know what jungling even is. Being a jerk isn't synonymous with elitism. Just ignore them and raise your elo and things will get slightly better, plus you'll learn to not care about idiots.
#4wrobe67132Posted 1/19/2013 2:41:29 AM
75% of the LoL players will report you for being unskilled, expecting you to be banned. Some smurfs kept telling everyone to report me after the game at level 2. I used to play dota so I knew about last hitting and such, yet they expected so much from a level 2. They expected someone who had played like 3 games to play as if I was in the 2500 elo. Whenever people complain and say CoD has the worst community I can't help but bring up LoL. Makes CoD players look like productive members of society
---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#5xHFxPosted 1/19/2013 2:45:44 AM
I like the irony you used by talking about elitist then linked to a WoW webcomic. well down. play dota or dota2 for a bit then come back and tell us about elitist

Play DotA/DotA 2? Have you even played those games? Seriously?
#6BhelliumPosted 1/19/2013 2:54:36 AM
I saw a really good point made somewhere.

With LoL, it's not that your teammates are worse then in other games... it's that you can see EVERYTHING.

Builds, character choice, bans, K/d/a, you can even watch them play and see the mistakes they make. Factor that in with standard immaturity, well, you get a sometimes toxic community. It's made worse by the fact that everyone pays attention to chat and it's so obvious when someone makes a mistake that gets you killed (even if you never should have been in that situation in the first place).

On the other hand now that they've started policing the community more, people are significantly less toxic, especially in levels 20+. Trolls and seriously toxic players with alts rarely make it that far.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#7Getfuzzy283Posted 1/19/2013 5:46:43 AM
If you get upset over people being mean and stupid online, this isn't the game for you
---
Roll a priest and go kill warlocks, the entire church will cheer for you- Kikuichimonji
http://aniwanrave.ytmnd.com/
#8GevaudenPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:09 AM
They Ragequit and verbal abuse teammates when it's 0 to 2.

More reasons why little kids are unfit to play this game.
---
90% of communication is non verbal ( --_ 0 )
#9GevaudenPosted 1/19/2013 5:55:03 AM
Getfuzzy283 posted...
If you get upset over people being mean and stupid online, this isn't the game for you

Your not supposed to be mean online, you will get reported and permabanned, but you most certainly can be stupid all you want.
---
90% of communication is non verbal ( --_ 0 )
#10Reaper_MinionPosted 1/19/2013 6:39:45 AM
Don't let bads and cry babies get to ya.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY