Is it just me or is the LoL community...

#11kourkourPosted 1/19/2013 7:45:49 AM
Do you know what elitism means?
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#12Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/19/2013 7:52:07 AM
I have friend play with exactly same way. Lose a buff to enemy jungle.. gig games over non stop complaints. Die 3 times..gg I'm just going do stupid stuff till 20 and quit now..we lost.

People don't even try. Its really really sad this community.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#13cheezesticksPosted 1/19/2013 7:54:49 AM
That's not being elitist, that's just people acting like little kids raging about the smallest thing. And yes that usually means you're playing with a jerk, a moron, a noob, or any combination of the three. Everyone has had their fair share of run ins with those people, and they all ignore or mute those people. You should do the same.

Also, if you think this kind of behavior is exclusive to LoL, it's not lol. Every online game I've played usually has these kind of jerks and morons that talk crap to people at the smallest thing. From experience, it usually means they are overcompensating for the fact that they aren't good players or that knowledgeable about the game. Or they are pimply-faced ugly teenagers with really low self-esteem or 40 year old balding fat guys living in their parents' garage or basement xP!

Don't let them get under your skin...just have fun with LoL and try to play with people that are like-minded.
---
"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray."
#14Unbridled9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:39:13 AM
It's still really annoying that I run into at least one person who acts like this every time I play. Why is the community so toxic? Why is it that the notion of not being nasty to someone is now being considered worthy of a 'friendly' honor?
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#15DartkunPosted 1/19/2013 8:45:05 AM(edited)
kourkour posted...

This

Don't confuse angry noob with elitist.

As an elitist this tarnishes me.

Now then, laughing at Akalis with sub-optimal rune pages so she doesn't start with double passives. Now that's hilarious!
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#16bast999Posted 1/19/2013 11:14:22 AM
xHFx posted...
I like the irony you used by talking about elitist then linked to a WoW webcomic. well down. play dota or dota2 for a bit then come back and tell us about elitist

Play DotA/DotA 2? Have you even played those games? Seriously?

I played dota1 before.

You get banned if you didn't download the map ahead of time, unlike the mauls and tower defense matches where they let you download the map upon joining lobby.
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#17HeroshiX2Posted 1/19/2013 11:25:39 AM
xHFx posted...
I like the irony you used by talking about elitist then linked to a WoW webcomic. well down. play dota or dota2 for a bit then come back and tell us about elitist

Play DotA/DotA 2? Have you even played those games? Seriously?

Maybe for Dota 1 (oh man those were some bad people on Garena). But so far in Dota 2 I've RARELY had completely horrible people to play with.

Voice chat eases things up so much with communicating and making your team more light hearted. Letting out a silly death cry if you get ganked is an easy way for your allies to just laugh things off.
#18Herostratus_Posted 1/19/2013 11:27:51 AM
Dartkun posted...
kourkour posted...

This

Don't confuse angry noob with elitist.

As an elitist this tarnishes me.

Now then, laughing at Akalis with sub-optimal rune pages so she doesn't start with double passives. Now that's hilarious!

can you even get both passives with the new masteries without messing yourself up?
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#19tpoyoyPosted 1/19/2013 11:43:58 AM
Unbridled9 posted...
Horribly elitist? I don't mean just on Gamefaqs either (though I do see a lot here). It seems like even minor screw-ups and errors will send people screaming about how you are a noob and such. Today I was playing as Vi and pulled her E while laying into a foe and unwittingly killed another guy with it. I suddenly got a load of 'KS n00b' replies and such. This has been a good day for me.

On other days I see people screaming out every time something goes even slightly wrong. When I started to learn to jungle I didn't know if I should start with wraiths or wolves and picked wraiths and suddenly the mid was furious because he 'didn't need my help'. When I want to try new champions to see if I like them/am good with them if it's not one of the 'best' champs I get flak for it even in bot games. Even something as simple as missing a punch or putting a ward slightly off seems to be punished disproportionally harshly. Why is the community like this?

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/344.html

Link offered without comment.

Yes all the time they often say why do you play ranked, uninstall the game etc

I just tell them you act like you never ever have horrible games or just because I'm playing horribly doesnt mean it will stay that way

and often I turn around my kda at least to shut them up and carry