What are some good games besides LoL?

#1CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/19/2013 3:25:31 AM
I need to expand my reportoire. I haven't really played anything in the past year, so I want some tips on what to get.
I don't particularly like shooters btw.
---
KingofAsia's sister is my waifu
#2wrobe67132Posted 1/19/2013 3:31:55 AM(edited)
Depends on your tastes. If you're looking for games like LoL then possibly Awesomenauts as that is a moba. Never tried it even though I have the game on steam. If you just need some game to play that has nothing to do with LoL I suggest Dungeon Defenders. It's a tower defense where you can also help the towers yourself during the combat phase, and unlike games similar you can switch to any of your other characters during the building phase. It can get pretty addicting and I've basically spent 100+ hours already

Edit: Forgot to mention Demigod and Sanctum. Demigod is another MOBA just in case you wanted a LoL type game, and Sanctum is like Dungeon Defenders but less content, more serious graphics and imo less fun but still good. One thing I do and a lot of people do is just check out all the indie games Steam has. For the same price as a regular game I can get like 20 indie games, some lasting a long time. I finished Max Payne 3 and spent like 6 hours. Dungeon Defenders, as I said, I've spent 100+ hours and I bought it during a sale for 5 dollars. Well worth it
---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#3VeeVeesPosted 1/19/2013 3:29:20 AM
um...chivalry? xcom? farming simulator 2013?
---
Rudy sucks
**** Lars
#4BhelliumPosted 1/19/2013 3:30:10 AM
VeeVees posted...
um...chivalry? xcom? farming simulator 2013?

you're just naming stuff you saw featured on steam
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:31:18 AM
I have XCOM, I love it. But I think that's going to be a long-term project as I can't really play that game for hours on end.
---
#6GevaudenPosted 1/19/2013 3:35:17 AM
Rumble Fighter, another free game with a cash shop like LOL, if you love fighting games multiplayer it's really fun that what I go to when LOL is down.

Let's see theres Minecrafts...Skyrim.....Civilization V, Borderlands 2.

omg forgot I ahd borderlands 2, damn that game is good I shall play it now omg.
---
90% of communication is non verbal ( --_ 0 )
#7TheBigCheese42Posted 1/19/2013 3:41:06 AM
Dragon's Dogma. The Souls Series. Total War Series.

Good games, the lot of them.
---
"Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOONNNNN!"
#8wrobe67132Posted 1/19/2013 3:44:37 AM(edited)
I think it'd be a lot easier if you let us know what kind of games you're into, what games you have, and/or how much time you have on your hands. If you're looking for a game that you can play maybe a few hours a week then yeah you can already cross out half the games we've given

TheBigCheese42 posted...

Oh god I love Dragon's Dogma. Haven't played it much and am going to restart and do a solo run since it was kind of easy

---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#9GevaudenPosted 1/19/2013 3:46:26 AM
wrobe67132 posted...
I think it'd be a lot easier if you let us know what kind of games you're into, what games you have, and/or how much time you have on your hands. If you're looking for a game that you can play maybe a few hours a week then yeah you can already cross out half the games we've given

TheBigCheese42 posted...

Oh god I love Dragon's Dogma. Haven't played it much and am going to restart and do a solo run since it was kind of easy

Kind of easy? I died plenty of times, if Normal is to easy for you bump up the difficulty.
---
90% of communication is non verbal ( --_ 0 )
#10CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:51:51 AM

I dunno, I play a lot of games (but not really FPS). Kinda liked D3, DayZ, XCOM, Civilizations, Fallout, Elder Scrolls. So mostly RPG, I guess, with some RTS mixed in.
---