Different Jayce build

#1Stalky24Posted 1/19/2013 5:18:17 AM
So I was jungling Jayce earlier today and since top was Katarina, I couldnt go another squishy build and wanted to go bruiserish to peel off from our carries. I already had Avarice Blade (my jungle build is usually Avarice>Triforce>Ghostblade so I have all that utility and crit chance is reliable. Also Ghostblade got buffed S3 and it's a good pick. And Jayce has this trick, where you trigger Ghostblade in melee form, switch to ranged and you have those extra 2 seconds), but I went for Sunfire Cape, maxed W first and finished Statikk Shiv out of Avarice Blade (also 130% damage crits hurts a lot early without any AD, esp. crits).

Dat AoE. Jayce is really fast, so he gets Shiv up very quickly (and ranged W helps) and all that AoE damage was shredding enemy team in the brawl.

I had a lot of fun with it.
Now Im not saying it is something you should do on Top/mid, since he can abuse gold much more drastically, but as a jungler, this relatively cheap combo of items proved to me very effective. +clears were almost as fast, but without losing third of mana on each camp.
#2BiglabronPosted 1/19/2013 5:23:47 AM
Stalky24 posted...
So I was jungling Jayce earlier today and since top was Katarina, I couldnt go another squishy build and wanted to go bruiserish to peel off from our carries. I already had Avarice Blade (my jungle build is usually Avarice>Triforce>Ghostblade so I have all that utility and crit chance is reliable. Also Ghostblade got buffed S3 and it's a good pick. And Jayce has this trick, where you trigger Ghostblade in melee form, switch to ranged and you have those extra 2 seconds), but I went for Sunfire Cape, maxed W first and finished Statikk Shiv out of Avarice Blade (also 130% damage crits hurts a lot early without any AD, esp. crits).

Dat AoE. Jayce is really fast, so he gets Shiv up very quickly (and ranged W helps) and all that AoE damage was shredding enemy team in the brawl.

I had a lot of fun with it.
Now Im not saying it is something you should do on Top/mid, since he can abuse gold much more drastically, but as a jungler, this relatively cheap combo of items proved to me very effective. +clears were almost as fast, but without losing third of mana on each camp.

odds are a machete 5 pot start into choice machete item would be best for jungle jayce. From there BT. just lifesteal the jungle with him.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#3Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:26:40 AM
I dont do it a lot. His clears are very fast anyway and jungle items set him back. My problem with doing toplane stuff like Brut>BT is that jungle doesnt give a lot of gold and you are always behind. So by the time I'd finish it, opponents have third item aswell and thus, I work like a laner who lost his lane.
#4BiglabronPosted 1/19/2013 5:28:38 AM
Stalky24 posted...
I dont do it a lot. His clears are very fast anyway and jungle items set him back. My problem with doing toplane stuff like Brut>BT is that jungle doesnt give a lot of gold and you are always behind. So by the time I'd finish it, opponents have third item aswell and thus, I work like a laner who lost his lane.

well the trick of what im saying is wriggles/BT gives you like 32% lifesteal or something. You don't need tank gear.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#5Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:31:01 AM
Biglabron posted...
Stalky24 posted...

well the trick of what im saying is wriggles/BT gives you like 32% lifesteal or something. You don't need tank gear.

Not for jungle you don't need tank gear. But I am not talking about jungle, but actual teamfights. Jayce clears extremly fast after his 1st clear (he is one of fastest, but his first clear is a bit sloppy), so he doesnt need to invest in these items anyway.