Can we discuss own3d and how they are treating many LoL streamers?

#11happyscrub1Posted 1/19/2013 11:57:09 AM(edited)
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
kourkour posted...

Like, many of these streamers aren't exactly poor, can't they get a freaking lawyer?

A lawyer for what? To get late checks you gonna get anyway? Waste of time.

I assume you're trolling but checks that are 6 months+ late is unacceptable. Imagine if that happened at your job. "Oh yeah you won't be getting any money for half a year but keep up the good work man!". How would that fare in court you think?

So you goto court and get awarded the money that you are owed. Which you don't get instantly, you just get judgement that so and so owes you money. And now you are back into waiting to waiting for checks in the mail.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#12GujinKamiPosted 1/19/2013 11:58:43 AM(edited)
So you goto court and get awarded the money that you owe. Which you don't get instantly, you just get judgement that so and so owes you money. And now you are back into waiting to waiting for checks in the mail.

A lawyer isn't really needed for a situation like this, since you did abide to a contract. However, you still shouldn't have to put up with a job that is taking forever to pay you, and keeps working with your only motivation being "I'll get paid someday!"
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#13CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/19/2013 11:58:28 AM
The guy has a house, a kid to feed and all kinds of stuff.

I have no patience for that kind of argument. If you have so many responsibilities, perhaps it's time to stop playing videogames and get a ****ing job. A real job.
---
KingofAsia's sister is my waifu
#14Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:00:21 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
kourkour posted...

Like, many of these streamers aren't exactly poor, can't they get a freaking lawyer?

A lawyer for what? To get late checks you gonna get anyway? Waste of time.

I assume you're trolling but checks that are 6 months+ late is unacceptable. Imagine if that happened at your job. "Oh yeah you won't be getting any money for half a year but keep up the good work man!". How would that fare in court you think?

So you goto court and get awarded the money that you are owed. Which you don't get instantly, you just get judgement that so and so owes you money. And now you are back into waiting to waiting for checks in the mail.

That's the point, it wouldn't solve anything, and they would just file for bankrupcy anyway and get away scott-free.

Which is exactly why we need to raise awareness of this issue and make sure nobody get suckered into whatever streaming site the own3d CEO will start next.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#15Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:03:05 PM
CheeseItBaggins posted...

I have no patience for that kind of argument. If you have so many responsibilities, perhaps it's time to stop playing videogames and get a ****ing job. A real job.

What kind of logic is that? He quit his job to play and stream games back in 2010. He makes more money streaming than he's ever made at any job before.

I don't know about you, but if my employer randomly decided to not pay me for 6 months I would be in trouble.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#16happyscrub1Posted 1/19/2013 12:07:53 PM(edited)
GujinKami posted...
So you goto court and get awarded the money that you owe. Which you don't get instantly, you just get judgement that so and so owes you money. And now you are back into waiting to waiting for checks in the mail.

A lawyer isn't really needed for a situation like this, since you did abide to a contract. However, you still shouldn't have to put up with a job that is taking forever to pay you, and keeps working with your only motivation being "I'll get paid someday!"

I'm not saying it's acceptable, I'm just saying if checks are 6 months behind, it's not worth going to court for.

I think some of you kids don't know how court works.

You initially should goto court if the company says, "I don't own you anything" Then you goto court because then a court will say that, "Yes you do owe him stream money."

That's not the case here. The case is the company says they owe you money but just late giving it to them. There would only be 2 reason to take them to court.

1. If you can say getting late payments has caused unforseen damages. Example: "I lost my home, car, ect."

2. You don't think you are actually going to get paid and need to attack their assets to get your money (which will cost you money and plenty of time to do so).

Edit: Or if you want half your money now, take them to court and call one of those commericals. "If you have long term payments and you need cash now!!!" lol
---
#17hibbijoPosted 1/19/2013 12:06:50 PM

I have no patience for that kind of argument. If you're so closed minded, perhaps it's time to take a look at alternate revenue streams.
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O
#18CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/19/2013 12:07:22 PM

What kind of logic is that? He quit his job to play and stream games back in 2010. He makes more money streaming than he's ever made at any job before.

I don't know about you, but if my employer randomly decided to not pay me for 6 months I would be in trouble.

So he has kids, a house and whatnot, and decides to quit his job to play videogames professionally? I call that selfish and irresponsible. This is what happens. He had no security, no safety net, no nothing.

My employer would never just not pay me, because I have a good contract at a serious company. Something I earned by working hard and not focusing on videogames too much.
---
KingofAsia's sister is my waifu
#19kourkourPosted 1/19/2013 12:09:19 PM

So he has kids, a house and whatnot, and decides to quit his job to play videogames professionally? I call that selfish and irresponsible. This is what happens. He had no security, no safety net, no nothing.

My employer would never just not pay me, because I have a good contract at a serious company. Something I earned by working hard and not focusing on videogames too much.

*yawn*

Stealth brag topic.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#20happyscrub1Posted 1/19/2013 12:09:31 PM

So he has kids, a house and whatnot, and decides to quit his job to play videogames professionally? I call that selfish and irresponsible. This is what happens. He had no security, no safety net, no nothing. .

Ummm... This is American: the land of dreams. What you described is like the situation of atleast 80% of every self-made, self-employed person.
---