Can we discuss own3d and how they are treating many LoL streamers?

#51kirbyakaZPosted 1/19/2013 2:11:37 PM
Lawlerlawl posted...
xVashTS98x posted...
It's hard to take this topic seriously because of how much of a (bad) troll you are.

I've heard people say he's a troll a lot, but what in this topic is considered trolling? He brings up a good point, I've been wondering myself why everything has been switching to Twitch. Are the issues he brings up fake? What am I missing here?

Karmic can troll at times, but he doesn't always. But because people see him occasionally troll, they immediately put him in the same tier as KingOfAsia and the like, and never take him seriously. Which is really sad because a lot of his topics are good, and the troll ones usually bring a laugh or at least entertainment.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4
#52EDumeyPosted 1/19/2013 2:53:38 PM
more fail troll topics.

y u always so bitter
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#53chaoshadouPosted 1/19/2013 3:21:12 PM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

So he has kids, a house and whatnot, and decides to quit his job to play videogames professionally? I call that selfish and irresponsible. This is what happens. He had no security, no safety net, no nothing. .

Ummm... This is American: the land of dreams. What you described is like the situation of atleast 80% of every self-made, self-employed person.

And it's working out so well, isn't it?

But maybe I'm on the wrong board to look for any form of responsibility. I wouldn't trust 90% of you with my hamster, let alone expect you to have any form of planning, responsibility or ambition.

So you enjoy being a sheople, other people don't and have found a way to make a good living doing something they like/love as opposed to being trapped in the confines of your limited view. Not to mention they can make more money doing so, rather than a typical job. Pull your head out of your ass and stop trying to fit everyone in your tiny ass box.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#54Small_appliancePosted 1/19/2013 3:29:27 PM
I hope own3d fixes their s***. It's the only streaming site that isn't blocked on my school's computers >_>
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#55KazrPosted 1/19/2013 3:44:41 PM
All of you people talking about having a secure job where you don't have to worry about your paycheck:

"Your" company will tear open your rectum and leave you bleeding on the street the moment it becomes profitable. The American Dream died over a century ago and you sell your precious time making a select few rich. Enjoy your life!
#56GogglesFrogPosted 1/19/2013 4:08:19 PM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
The guy has a house, a kid to feed and all kinds of stuff.

I have no patience for that kind of argument. If you have so many responsibilities, perhaps it's time to stop playing videogames and get a ****ing job. A real job.

If he gets a W2, it's a real job.
---
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."
#57SharzakenatorPosted 1/19/2013 5:58:00 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Too far. You don't know me and you don't know how I am with my children, and I'm not even going to dignify that with a serious response.

It's Sunday morning, why are you not spending time with your kids. (I'ma now say that to you often until it gets old) lol

It's not Sunday morning here, buddy.

That's why you lack American's gunghoness, cause you not American.

Gung ho is a Chinese word. Jesus.
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#58YomjosekiPosted 1/19/2013 7:31:29 PM
Sharzakenator posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Too far. You don't know me and you don't know how I am with my children, and I'm not even going to dignify that with a serious response.

It's Sunday morning, why are you not spending time with your kids. (I'ma now say that to you often until it gets old) lol

It's not Sunday morning here, buddy.

That's why you lack American's gunghoness, cause you not American.

Gung ho is a Chinese word. Jesus.

But gunghoness is Murrican. So is Jesus.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#59TheBigCheese42Posted 1/19/2013 8:09:25 PM
Yomjoseki posted...
But gunghoness is Murrican. So is Jesus.

And the American language.

I think CheeseIt was trying to get across was indeed longterm stability. Sure a company can kick you out of your job at a moment's notice, but games can go out of fashion, people may stop watching you, the game company might get into majour financial troubles and have to close down, what happens now?

"I got thrown out of my job, but i can apply for another one easier because I'm good at what I do and i already have a repertoire of former jobs that give me good credibility."

"The game I made money off of's company had to close down due to bankruptcy, I can no longer stream it, and since this is the only job I've had, it's going to be hard to find another job, because telling someone that I used to play games professionally will get me laughed out of the building."

Those are the extremes though, Destiny left his job to play games professionally, as opposed to JUST playing games professionally. Comprehende' ?

I actually have no idea what I was going on about there... I need a coffee >.>
---
"Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOONNNNN!"