Pure tanks

#1DreadnaughtXER0Posted 1/19/2013 2:15:38 PM
Was thinking of going Alistar or Malphite (ali for his ult and cc and mal for the passive and cc) and stacking health armor and magic resist out the a** and just take massive damage. Viable?

Build:

Warmogs x3
Guardian Angel
Thornmail
Randuins Omen

Scaling magic resist runes and 0/30/0 masteries

According to my stats app for LoL this nets me:

Health 5802
Physical Damage Health 22901
Magical Damage Health 14466
Armor 325.9
Magic Resist 167.2

I just want to go in first cc the enemy team and soak all kinds of damage.

I dont tank really never have, same for support. SO no idea about this.

Alistar and Malphite because its what I have.
---
Looking for bottom lane partner to go support with Alistar/Blitzcrank/LuLu/Etc until lvl 30 then same for ranked. Add me. Playing normal with randoms SUCK.
#2DreadnaughtXER0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:36:33 PM
bump
---
Looking for bottom lane partner to go support with Alistar/Blitzcrank/LuLu/Etc until lvl 30 then same for ranked. Add me. Playing normal with randoms SUCK.
#3FlameLord23Posted 1/19/2013 2:41:38 PM
There is a lack of
Boots
MR
MR
MR.

If you want a tank build a good basic one is

Merc Treads
Runic Bulwark
Warmogs
Sunfire Cape
Spirit Visage

With a situational item depending on what you need. Maybe you want an abyssal if you're someone like Maokai or Amumu, hell even Alistair synergizes well with abyssal. Maybe the enemy ADC and AD Bruiser are dominant and a Thornmail would help. You have to vary the build, but stacking warmogs isn't great because you'll just lose the health quickly without any resists.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#4EDumeyPosted 1/19/2013 2:50:39 PM
I mean, yeah, pure tanks work wonders. Especially on super CC heavy champs. Don't forget Nautilus, Shen, Amumu, etc.

You're going to want more magic resist. Don't worry quite so much about getting THAT much health. Redundant items are rarely a good choice when there are so many items offering so many different stats. Bulwark is a good source of everything. Frozen Heart is almost always a better choice than Thornmail except for when the enemy team has a lot of auto-dependent champions. Other items give plenty of health with better options that the regen you can get from just one Warmogs. Shurelias is great utility. If you jungled Malphite, you can get the Ancient Golem item and free up an option for boots other than tenacity (Mobility or Tabi usually)
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#5Absol_AddictPosted 1/19/2013 4:21:41 PM
Vladimir

Spirit Visage
Rylais
Warmongs
Warmongs
Guardian Angel
Randiun's
Elixirs/oracles

Passive let's you have damage by stacking health
---
Play Project M with me!
Project M Friendcode 4725-9743-5555
#6FlameLord23Posted 1/19/2013 4:24:13 PM
Absol_Addict posted...
Vladimir

Spirit Visage
Rylais
Warmongs
Warmongs
Guardian Angel
Randiun's
Elixirs/oracles

Passive let's you have damage by stacking health

when will you people stop building GA on tanks? GA is for carries and bruisers. Tanks don't get GA.

Vlad tank:
Merc Treads
Spirit Visage
Warmogs
Sunfire
Abyssal
Runic Bulwark
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths