I'm still new: Are there any champions that are just plain worthless?

#11RobIsntDrunkPosted 1/19/2013 6:11:51 PM
Karma is a good mid.

Then again I was using Heim when I went against her...
---
People complain about lag when the connection is flawless.
#12BhelliumPosted 1/19/2013 6:11:54 PM
First thing to learn about any of these discussions is that the vast majority of people in them are wrong
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#13zeppelin312Posted 1/19/2013 6:15:53 PM
Bhellium posted...
First thing to learn about any of these discussions is that the vast majority of people in them are wrong
#14themagicpainmanPosted 1/19/2013 7:12:21 PM
Renekton - he used to be trash tier, but with the new Black Cleaver he's "just barely OK". Still a bad choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#15P00DGEPosted 1/19/2013 7:21:07 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...

Poppy - she has a terrible early game. If you don't know what you're doing her late game's bad too.
Nasus - he's hardcountered by everyone and their mother, and he only snowballs if you're good at last hitting, which I'll assume you're not, being new to the game.

Poppy is borderline OP. She can take insane amounts of damage and one shot people late game

Nasus hard counters yorick up top, and as long as the game lasts 30 minutes or more, Nasus is guaranteed to suddenly enter god mode and kill everything while taking no damage.
#16DredjPosted 1/19/2013 7:28:15 PM
Shinra-Army, you are going to get lots of opinions. I would suggest you research the names of champions that are gunna be posted.
#17ISamfisherIPosted 1/19/2013 7:40:11 PM
sequeezey posted...
As a new person, you should know that Yi is pretty bad. But for some reason everyone <30 seems to think he's just the bomb...

Yi is actually a very good and borderline OP hero though.
#18funkys-flightsPosted 1/19/2013 7:43:21 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
No champ is worthless, but I recommend you stay away from:

Sion - no matter how you build him, he only uses up to half his kit, which is, like, really bad.
Poppy - she has a terrible early game. If you don't know what you're doing her late game's bad too.
Nasus - he's hardcountered by everyone and their mother, and he only snowballs if you're good at last hitting, which I'll assume you're not, being new to the game.
Renekton - he used to be trash tier, but with the new Black Cleaver he's "just barely OK". Still a bad choice.
Karma - she doesn't fit anywhere in the meta now, and she's overdue for a big rework. Hold on playing her until that happens.
Heimerdinger - See Karma, but not quite as bad. Still usable, just not very meta-friendly.

Anyone else, generally speaking, is fair game.

Pretty much ignore this post. Everyone and anyone is viable levels 1-29. Even level 30 most of the time. I'm watching my gf play @level 10 and hardly anyone has good enough cs to support most viable builds, and even less actually build appropriate items lol..Pick who you like and are successful with

On a side note, there is nothing 'anti meta' about heim. He's an ap mid who's turrets are a bit awkard source of damage but is an alternative choice to
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#19DartkunPosted 1/19/2013 8:00:24 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
Bhellium posted...

---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#20wishiwasdeadPosted 1/19/2013 8:00:36 PM
One best way to look at is with this chart: http://www.lolking.net/champions/
It lists all the champions based on win rate and popularity, and it's updated everyday
Basically, all champs are usable. But, some champs are harder than the others.
---
just don't mind my username