It's a lot easier to get out of elohell if you ignore meta

#11DartkunPosted 1/19/2013 6:55:11 PM(edited)
From what I've seen

Triple Digit Elo: "ADC ANNIE" "Triple top"
1,000 - 1,600 Elo: "FIT THE META OR FEED"
1,600+ Elo: "We know what we are doing (AP Soraka top), shut up and play"

The super high end players can make anything successful, but the odds are unless they are trying to be different to throw off the opponents the idea of the Meta is that it is the set up that should give them the best odds of victory.

*shrug* I honestly prefer fitting the meta because then your team complains less. Fitting the meta means they can't use "WELL IT'S CUZ WE HAVE A NAMI MID. That's why I fed my lane. Cuz our Mid was bad and picked Nami". They'll complain about other things but you can take that arrow out of their quiver.

I just reread my first paragraph and realized that made no damn sense... I like merged two sentences together... I think I need to lie down...
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#12CNLSandersPosted 1/19/2013 9:25:59 PM
I think it's less about not fitting the meta, so much as choosing champions that the enemy didn't expect to go up against. I know that when I play Twitch chances are the person I'm going against doesn't quite know his abilities like he would a more standard AD carry. Going Xerath mid, which isn't farfetched at all, will throw off some lower Elo people because they don't know his range and his abilities.
---
IGN-CNLAviator
#13BhelliumPosted 1/19/2013 9:59:32 PM
i keep telling people that no support or jungle is far superior to a bad version of either but some players are just dumb
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#14Rookie_JetPosted 1/21/2013 8:22:25 AM
Dartkun posted...
*shrug* I honestly prefer fitting the meta because then your team complains less. Fitting the meta means they can't use "WELL IT'S CUZ WE HAVE A NAMI MID. That's why I fed my lane. Cuz our Mid was bad and picked Nami". They'll complain about other things but you can take that arrow out of their quiver.

Yeah, I just got blamed for a loss for going support GP. Apparently support GP causes TF to successfully gank every lane and causes our jungle Noc to fail 4/5 ganks on lanes.
#15HabnotPosted 1/21/2013 8:42:26 AM
i keep telling people that no support or jungle is far superior to a bad version of either but some players are just dumb

A jungler afk in his jungle farming is better than no jungler at all.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.