Buying my first AP runes. Where should I start?

#1Silver Shadow XPosted 1/19/2013 7:41:33 PM
Flat or scaling glyphs? The most logical start seems to be AP quints, but my goal immediately following this is to get MS quints, so AP quints will be a secondary thing, and I get the impression that no one uses AP marks or seals at all.

Which are more used across the board? I've got mpen marks and quints already to go with this til later..
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#2Susan0Posted 1/19/2013 7:45:02 PM
Flat AP quints
Magic Pen Reds
Scaling AP or Flat/Scaling mr Blues
Hp/Lv yellows or Flat Armor yellows

Have fun amigos
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3myg0t_stkPosted 1/19/2013 7:51:11 PM(edited)
ive used appen reds, hp/armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use appen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint
---
ezreal is my waifu
#4Kevman510Posted 1/19/2013 7:48:20 PM(edited)
ive used arpen reds, armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use arpen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint

wut
#5myg0t_stkPosted 1/19/2013 7:53:17 PM(edited)
Kevman510 posted...
ive used appen reds*, armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use appen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint

wut

fixed it
---
ezreal is my waifu
#6Kevman510Posted 1/19/2013 7:52:14 PM
Kevman510 posted...
ive used appen reds*, armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use arpen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint

wut

fixed it

wut
#7myg0t_stkPosted 1/19/2013 7:53:35 PM
Kevman510 posted...
Kevman510 posted...
ive used appen reds*, armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use arpen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint

wut

fixed it

wut

?wat
---
ezreal is my waifu
#8Silver Shadow X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 7:54:01 PM
Susan0 posted...
Flat AP quints
Magic Pen Reds

Have fun amigos

I have something from all of those. I take it then that scaling AP is best. If so, I suppose that's where I'll start. Already have flat armor seals and flat mr blues at the moment.

myg0t_stk posted...
ive used appen reds, hp/armor/mp5 yellows, flat ap blues, and flat ap quints and they worked fine for me sofar... however if you want to to play a tanky ap like rumble or vlad or elise you should use appen red armor yellow mr blue and flat ap quint

Just going to assume you meant mpen. And it sounds like I will need to pick up AP quints sooner or later.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#9Kevman510Posted 1/19/2013 7:57:35 PM
Susan0 posted...
Flat AP quints
Magic Pen Reds

Have fun amigos

I have something from all of those. I take it then that scaling AP is best. If so, I suppose that's where I'll start. Already have flat armor seals and flat mr blues at the moment.

myg0t_stk posted...

Just going to assume you meant mpen. And it sounds like I will need to pick up AP quints sooner or later.

Ya
#10kirbyakaZPosted 1/19/2013 8:41:19 PM
Depending on your AP champ use MS quints.

I main Veigar, and mid lane is my favorite. The champs I strongly suggest MS quints are:

Veigar (he gains AP through his Q)
Anivia (she is super slow, even with level 1 boots)
LeBlanc (She doesn't need it, but it helps her roam better, which she loves)
Twisted Fate (See LeBlanc)
Fiddlesticks (helps you keep up with enemies in your ult, even if they flash)
Swain (See Fiddlesticks and LeBlanc)

4.5% MS is really amazing.
My Veigar runes are:
MS quints
Mana Regen Seals
Magic Pen Marks
Magic Resist Glyphs

The reason for this is because scaling and flat AP don't help your late game much, just your early game. On TF and LB where you want to roam a ton taking AP marks or seals might be better, but magic pen will always be useful, even late game before you have a Void Staff, as are the rest of my runes they are all geared to win late game, not early.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4