I just bought Jayce

#1FoxxyFelineeePosted 1/20/2013 10:17:49 PM
Finished my first bot game with him, got the basic skill usage down. Any tips and tricks on him? Masteries, runes and builds, etc?
---
I support Diablo online only, it's an MMO.
#2XialohPosted 1/20/2013 10:21:32 PM
I'm on the verge of doing this myself. I want to get someone who's good, diverse, and NOT wildly popular, because I don't like being on NerfWatch.

So this thread is relevant to my interests.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#3FoxxyFelineee(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:29:30 PM
Xialoh posted...
I'm on the verge of doing this myself. I want to get someone who's good, diverse, and NOT wildly popular, because I don't like being on NerfWatch.

Yeah I'm wondering why he fell out of favor so quickly, his poke nerfs were pretty bad but he's still decent in my opinion
---
I support Diablo online only, it's an MMO.
#4JaggiJumperPosted 1/20/2013 10:34:58 PM
FoxxyFelineee posted...
Xialoh posted...

Yeah I'm wondering why he fell out of favor so quickly, his poke nerfs were pretty bad but he's still decent in my opinion

Poke nerfs? The nerf that ruined him was removing the base damage on his E. Jayce was OP because you maxed E and built AD. They can;

-build armor and get extremely chunked by your E
-build MR and die to your autos
-build health and die to both

Maxing E no longer works, so you can just stack armor in lane.

Now, he's a situational pick. Before he won every lane and scaled decently.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#5ZidaneTribaIPosted 1/20/2013 10:36:32 PM
AD marks and quints, armor seals and flat or scaling magic resist glyphs with 21/9/0 masteries. For items I usually rush Tear into Brutalizer and boots then a Bloodthirster and Last Whisper after. Finish the Muramana at some point and last item is either another Bloodthirster, Maw or Guardian Angel. I only recommend a second Bloodthirster if you're not getting focused at all for some reason.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
#6NoobRagePosted 1/20/2013 10:37:09 PM
Aim q, then e at your feet. They literally have no time to react to the poke.
#7Ava_BalthierPosted 1/20/2013 11:15:23 PM
Jayce is pretty versatile and really strong still despite is previous nerfs. I'll do a quick rundown of him.

Max Q then E, get W at level 4 and leave it there. It's really only good for melee mana regen, the mana drain in ranged from is highly inefficient for the damage.

Try to use your Q and drop your E at your feet in ranged form, it catches your oponent off guard and lowers the amount of time they have to react to the blast.

As for builds you can do a mulitude of things, nowadays I prefer to go bloodthirster into warmogs, then last whisper, from there I build what I need for the game, Bulwark if I need MR, randuins/frozen heart if I need armor.

Once you really get to know jayce well You can do stranger builds such as Muramana/black cleaver/ frozen heart/ warmogs/ bloodthirster.

If you are laning against malphite,its a really hard matchup,his cheesewheel has the same range as your autos, and do more consistent damage, its really hard to lane against him.
---
welcome to the world of online gaming, where nobody is your friend, and your friends, yeah they hate you too.