I'm good with jungle Jax but suck with lane Jax

#1gkh5Posted 1/22/2013 12:23:08 AM
I don't get it. I always have so much better games out of the jungle with him. It's not that I have difficulty laning with him...I'll lane just fine and cs like a boss bit still not quite do Jax things in teamfights. Yet out of jungle I do Jax things just fine.

I think it must have something to do with my mentality coming out of jungle vs top. From top I usually jump in too early and get focused but out of jungle I know I've generally got less gold than their carries so I'm a bit more patient/careful before jumping in.

Anyone else have champs like this? You kick ass in one role with them but suck as another?
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#2SlaynPosted 1/22/2013 12:26:23 AM
Top Jax should obviously be better, but it depends on the match up. People always say to pick Jax against Darius, but I always find that to be an extremely difficult lane. The only thing I can think is that if you go Jungle Jax, then you have someone else top who is usually tanky and can also initiate. That is the problem with Jax, he is tanky, but he doesn't usually build PURE tank, and you can have problems if you initiate first. This is why I also like Jungle Jax. You can have someone like Darius, Garen, or Singed top and they can initiate and then you sneak over and jump on the ADC.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#3Shadow EdgePosted 1/22/2013 12:31:17 AM
People always say to pick Jax against Darius

I thought Darius counters Jax in lane really well.
---
ns
#4gkh5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:38:21 AM
Slayn posted...
Top Jax should obviously be better, but it depends on the match up. People always say to pick Jax against Darius, but I always find that to be an extremely difficult lane. The only thing I can think is that if you go Jungle Jax, then you have someone else top who is usually tanky and can also initiate. That is the problem with Jax, he is tanky, but he doesn't usually build PURE tank, and you can have problems if you initiate first. This is why I also like Jungle Jax. You can have someone like Darius, Garen, or Singed top and they can initiate and then you sneak over and jump on the ADC.

See this is exactly what happens. I don't have problems surviving to 6 and getting my CS and items and do get kills in the process sometimes. Just once teamfights roll in I get too bold and go in a hair early. Whereas in the jungle I wait it out a bit. Idk I guess I just gotta make myself chill out when I play him top and let the cannon fodder get in there first lol.

Also, as someone that plays a bit of Darius, I think he has the edge in that matchup just because he can harass Jax extremely hard to the point where if he doesn't b at some point during laning, Darius will hit 6 with a big edge and murder him (if he hasn't already). If Jax takes TP that can even things out though. Also Darius has to be careful since he naturally pushes lane and is susceptible to ganks.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#5TekutsoPosted 1/22/2013 1:01:41 AM
Shadow Edge posted...

Jax destroys darius. You just have to play smart.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#6SlaynPosted 1/22/2013 1:17:47 AM
Tekutso posted...
Shadow Edge posted...

I just don't see how... Darius' ult "counters" Jax's ult because it does true damage. Darius' abilities go right through Jax's E because it only blocks autos. He can still keep up stacks pretty easily. Darius does a ton of damage building tanky. Jax generally has to build damage and his ult is supposed to make up for building DPS, but his ult doesn't do much against Darius. I mean Darius ult will literally chunk you for around 1/3 your HP easily.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#7AgentRebornPosted 1/22/2013 3:38:10 AM
Tekutso posted...
Shadow Edge posted...

No he doesn't. Jax is a better overall champ and scales harder, but Darius is like THE definition of a lane bully. Jax's lane actually kind of sucks until he gets some form of sustain
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#8XxAzerothxXPosted 1/22/2013 7:16:15 AM
Darius doesn't counter Jax in lane, what the f$!%?

To think Darius can out-harass Jax is hilarious. The only time this /might/ happen is pre-6 six and all Jax has to do is avoid getting in range or call for a gank. 6 and beyond, all Jax has to do is double-tap a minion then 'q' -> 'AA' -> 'W' -> 'AA' reset -> counterstrike for lulz then back off. Counterstrike will make Darius waste his slow thing and prevent any stacks apart from 'Q' to be built and then Jax can safely back off.
---
R.I.P. ManCelaPedo
#9Darius_BotPosted 1/22/2013 7:19:16 AM
I hate that damn ninja turtle. No matter how many times I may slice him in half, he still comes back to obliterate my teammates while I'm not looking.
---
THE HAND OF NOXUS
http://i49.tinypic.com/96hq13.jpg
#10Will_UnderscorePosted 1/22/2013 7:41:10 AM
XxAzerothxX posted...
Darius doesn't counter Jax in lane, what the f$!%?

To think Darius can out-harass Jax is hilarious. The only time this /might/ happen is pre-6 six and all Jax has to do is avoid getting in range or call for a gank. 6 and beyond, all Jax has to do is double-tap a minion then 'q' -> 'AA' -> 'W' -> 'AA' reset -> counterstrike for lulz then back off. Counterstrike will make Darius waste his slow thing and prevent any stacks apart from 'Q' to be built and then Jax can safely back off.

Jax E doesn't stop the ms slow/as slow effect. In that scenario(depending how the lane members got to 6), darius Q's the moment jax goes to stack his passive on minions. This either forces Jax to walk away and forfeit his trade attempt or start aa'ing darius(or keep aa'ing the minion) and get aa-w'ed for it before jax has his combo set up.

From there jax is forced to fight or leap away because trying to walk away with an ms slow will only ensure another Q, resulting in a massive trade loss. Darius can also save E for Jax's E if he is trying to escape with it. If using it offensively, Darius can W and walk away, taking only jax's E damage if jax chooses to end his E early.

It's not a free matchup for jax. It depends on who set up the pressure when both lanes get to 6 and what the junglers are doing.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"