So Skarner is literally the best thing ever

#11Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 1:07:19 PM
Both Skarner and Hecarim are pretty weak atm.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#12InfiniteFSoraPosted 1/22/2013 1:08:59 PM
Quote:Both Skarner and Hecarim are pretty weak atm.
@Knight_Of_Order

Hecarim, weak? Hahahahaha.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#13Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 1:12:54 PM
InfiniteFSora posted...
Quote:Both Skarner and Hecarim are pretty weak atm.
@Knight_Of_Order

Hecarim, weak? Hahahahaha.

Yes, he is weak, S3 changes pooped all over him, same with Skarner.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#14AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/22/2013 1:15:13 PM(edited)
Knight_Of_Order posted...

Hecarim isn't. He's a monster teamfighter now with Spirit of Elder Lizard, IBG, and Spirit Visage. Extremely hard to kill while doing large amounts of damage with great ganks and counter-ganks because of his A-grade initiation and peeling.

He's vulnerable to counter-jungling early and certain 1v1s, but otherwise, he's a major boon to any given team comp.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Other Miami Sports: LOL
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#15negative4Posted 1/22/2013 1:16:19 PM
Hecarim is a force to be reckoned with so far in S3.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#16Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 1:20:12 PM(edited)
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...

Hecarim isn't. He's a monster teamfighter now with Spirit of Elder Lizard, IBG, and Spirit Visage. Extremely hard to kill while doing large amounts of damage with great ganks and counter-ganks because of his A-grade initiation and peeling.

He's vulnerable to counter-jungling early and certain 1v1s, but otherwise, he's a major boon to any given team comp.

In theory, yeah, the new items made him stronger, in practice, building him like that means he'll get bursted into oblivion by the enemy assassin/bruiser. Once resistances start being worth a damn again he'll be strong for sure, he might need a couple of buffs in the meantime though (remove that damn damage reduction in his Q for starters).

EDIT: His late game is still pretty boss, but getting there is much harder now.
---
Sun Tzu
#17xVashTS98xPosted 1/22/2013 1:20:34 PM

In theory, yeah, the new items made him stronger, in practice, building him like that means he'll get bursted into oblivion by the enemy assassin/bruiser. Once resistances start being worth a damn again he'll be strong for sure, he might need a couple of buffs in the meantime though (remove that damn damage reduction in his Q for starters)

Really? Because I have no problem tanking majority of their team with IBG when W is up.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#18Suffer_NotPosted 1/22/2013 1:24:47 PM
I've got a 100% win rate with Skarner for like 5 or 6 games in ranked season 2 and I don't even own him and had never played him before.

I've heard the jungle changes were rough on him because his single target damage isn't great before sheen, but he gets kills everytime his ult is off cooldown so I don't think it really matters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#19Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 1:26:29 PM
xVashTS98x posted...

In theory, yeah, the new items made him stronger, in practice, building him like that means he'll get bursted into oblivion by the enemy assassin/bruiser. Once resistances start being worth a damn again he'll be strong for sure, he might need a couple of buffs in the meantime though (remove that damn damage reduction in his Q for starters)

Really? Because I have no problem tanking majority of their team with IBG when W is up.

...and then you fought against someone with BC.

Champs that stacked resistances are much weaker now (Skar, Hec, Shyv) compared to champs that benefit more from HP (Naut, Mundo, even Vi), that much is undeniable atm
---
Sun Tzu
#20AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/22/2013 1:26:51 PM
In theory, yeah, the new items made him stronger, in practice, building him like that means he'll get bursted into oblivion by the enemy assassin/bruiser.

Bursted, yes, but not into oblivion, given that the items mentioned give him a good chunk of damage mitigation on top of W being amazing and Spirit Visage giving increased healing on top of that. As I said, he's a monster in teamfights, as it's highly likely that proper follow-up by Hecarim's team is going to ensure he outheals most of the damage being dealt to him. Even if he doesn't, the enemy team blowing most of its abilities on Hecarim still means a proper response results in an overall win.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Other Miami Sports: LOL
I'm a TWSSted bastard.