So Skarner is literally the best thing ever

#31VoidgolemPosted 1/22/2013 2:24:18 PM
You buy Machete, Boots, IBG, SV, And a 'mogs. Upgrade the machete to Lizard at some point.

Suddenly you can pretty much 1v5 and win. Cleavers or no.

First clear can be a little hairy, though. After that it's all gravy.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#32AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/22/2013 2:32:52 PM
Voidgolem posted...
You buy Machete, Boots, IBG, SV, And a 'mogs. Upgrade the machete to Lizard at some point.

Exactly this.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Other Miami Sports: LOL
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#33HagenExPosted 1/22/2013 2:41:06 PM
Machete>Spirit Stone>Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Frozen Heart
Warmogs or some Magic Defense if they're AP heavy
Aegis>Bulwark
Mobility Boots
Tri-Force or Gauntlet.
#34OmfgitsBlahPosted 1/22/2013 2:54:06 PM
Knight_Of_Order posted...
xVashTS98x posted...
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...
Both Skarner and Hecarim are pretty weak atm.

Hecarim isn't. He's a monster teamfighter now with Spirit of Elder Lizard, IBG, and Spirit Visage. Extremely hard to kill while doing large amounts of damage with great ganks and counter-ganks because of his A-grade initiation and peeling.

He's vulnerable to counter-jungling early and certain 1v1s, but otherwise, he's a major boon to any given team comp.

In theory, yeah, the new items made him stronger, in practice, building him like that means he'll get bursted into oblivion by the enemy assassin/bruiser. Once resistances start being worth a damn again he'll be strong for sure, he might need a couple of buffs in the meantime though (remove that damn damage reduction in his Q for starters)

Really? Because I have no problem tanking majority of their team with IBG when W is up.

...and then you fought against someone with BC.

Champs that stacked resistances are much weaker now (Skar, Hec, Shyv) compared to champs that benefit more from HP (Naut, Mundo, even Vi), that much is undeniable atm

Why would Vi stack HP?
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#35VoidgolemPosted 1/22/2013 2:55:44 PM
Why would Vi stack HP?

because that shield mang.

or so I'd figure. Kinda like saying to stack HP on Malphite for his passive when he has excellent scaling all around (and the best AD steroid in the game, natch)
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#36Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 3:16:12 PM
Hecarim still clears in the 3:40-3:50 range. I don't actually know what you're trying to get at there.

You're putting Hecarim into a vacuum again. He's not "super weak" to burst, at worst he's average against it. Hecarim isn't paper-thin. His entire load of resistances don't simply vanish simply because one or two champions on the enemy team has a Black Cleaver. Aside from that, it's not a given that Hecarim will be the one to absorb the burst of any of these hypothetical champions, or if they do, it'll actually kill him outright.

At any rate, this argument is tiresome. I know how exactly strong Hecarim is. You keep up that denial or whatever.

I dont think you understand what "putting into a vacuum" actually means, but i like how in your scenario he wont be attacked or even focused? funny.

I just tried doing a clear using the exact same setup as stonewall, clear time was 3:55, and my point was that his jungle was weaker because of the changes... it is true, you're just too thick headed to see that.

And it's cute that you say im in denial yet you cant even accept any of the flaws of the characters, and this is coming from someone that has mained Hecarim since his release.

Keep going, or not, i got my laughs outof this anyway.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#37Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/22/2013 3:22:55 PM
Voidgolem posted...

Late game Hec is a beast, no one is denying that lol
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#38OmfgitsBlahPosted 1/22/2013 6:52:17 PM
Voidgolem posted...
Why would Vi stack HP?

because that shield mang.

or so I'd figure. Kinda like saying to stack HP on Malphite for his passive when he has excellent scaling all around (and the best AD steroid in the game, natch)

Shield scales off of any defensive stat. Dunno why HP is important.

Same for Malphite.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#39shadowtemariPosted 1/22/2013 6:56:13 PM
xDarknezzx posted...
whats the point of iceborn gauntlets? you already have a permaslow

Even MORE perma-slow.

I actually find Skarner somewhat diminished in S3, which is disappointing because I love Skarner. I feel Hecarim is better than him now, in a total reversal of their S2 fortunes.

Pony is better then the scorpion in S3.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#40DiortePosted 1/22/2013 7:10:11 PM
Can we not talk about Hecarim again? D: I don't want people getting any ideas about backdoor tower diving me and pushing me out of safety and having my usual teammates have no idea how to react to that :[
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo