The Protip Thread

#1Edgemaster70000Posted 1/22/2013 10:35:30 AM
Post sonme tips about the game that you think are actually not well-known or considered. No stupid beginner tips, let's make this an actual useful topic.

The next poster comments about whether they knew or thought about the previous tips.

I'll spin it off.

1. Whenever there's an Ezreal on my team and we're pushing a tower, I facepalm every time he just stands there attacking it instead of firing his Essence Flux on all of us to give us an attack speed boost. USE YOUR ESSENCE FLUX on your teammates when pushing a tower/inhibitor/nexus/baron/dragon down.

2. If you have a Homeguard boot enchantment, the buff WILL be active after using Teleport.

3. If you buy any item that grants more mana for an ability use (like Tear of the Goddess and everything it builds into), use a low-cost/CD ability while you're moving in your lane to start stacking it up faster. This can make yor item upgrade at max stats several minutes sooner, which might make all the difference.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#2taco_ninja393Posted 1/22/2013 10:38:47 AM
Don't feed
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3EvilmonsterPosted 1/22/2013 10:40:37 AM
dodge if the opponent has elise or kha top.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#4Edgemaster70000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:42:16 AM
Seriously, guys?
---
#5Chako-PHPosted 1/22/2013 10:49:37 AM
Bring Vision Wards if there's an akali on the enemy team, this must start when she reaches level 6.

DONT wait for her fog to expire, because that time, you're pretty dead.
------------

DONT rely on supports for those wards, buy your own to secure yourself (for top and mid).

DO NOT JUNGLE BRAND .. Da F retards ..
---
If I ain't trolling, that would be a problem :D
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#6Howdy7777777Posted 1/22/2013 11:03:23 AM(edited)
Anivia sometimes bugs out and bypasses the cooldown on charging Tear/Archangel. If you notice it happening get to your fountain and cast blizzard for about 30 seconds.

Edit: Also her Q will proc tear twice regardless of delay if you pop it before it reaches max range.
#7Edgemaster70000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:11:44 AM
Howdy7777777 posted...
Anivia sometimes bugs out and bypasses the cooldown on charging Tear/Archangel. If you notice it happening get to your fountain and cast blizzard for about 30 seconds.

Edit: Also her Q will proc tear twice regardless of delay if you pop it before it reaches max range.

Now that's the kind of thing I was hoping more people would post.
---
#8Chako-PHPosted 1/22/2013 11:13:54 AM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
Howdy7777777 posted...

Now that's the kind of thing I was hoping more people would post.

So, you're hoping for bugs and imbalance on game's program ? Protip my as$.
---
If I ain't trolling, that would be a problem :D
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#9Chrikke666Posted 1/22/2013 11:22:30 AM
Cho'Gath: Use W before Q so they cannot use blinks to escape it.

Lee Sin/Olaf: remember to use your W to spell vamp your Smite

Blitzcrank: use R to quickly dispatch of minions that would otherwise block your Q and catch an opponent by surprise

Jungling: when you receive a Smiteless leash, attempt to go straight for the enemy jungler's red buff and steal it, then kill them at their wraiths. You will be double buffed at level 3 while he will only have the blue buff at level 2. Lethal if you're playing someone like Lee Sin/Udyr/Mundo. If you don't get a kill you'll get at least a blown Flash.

Skarner/Annie/anyone heavily reliant on Flash: Rush the Distortion enchant on your boots. Having your Flash up every 188 seconds is fantastic.

Jungling: supressing the enemy jungler is the only way to disable his Smite. Keep this in mind when playing Skarner or Warwick.
If you take lifesteal quintessences with utility you can start the game with 9% lifesteal. This is amazing for a jungler like Trundle.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#10nomorePosted 1/22/2013 11:42:39 AM
There is a green dot next to your teammates picture on the left of the screen that tells you if their ult is ready.