really hope they tone down the yi nerfs, or at least buff ad yi

#1OgreBattle019Posted 1/22/2013 11:07:12 AM
making a champ that now had a place in the world totally useless because people finally found out why exactly he was good

great

but dont change people like jax at all. that would make sense
---
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
#2Chttrbox88Posted 1/22/2013 11:08:23 AM
AD yi has been pretty strong for a while, nobody bothers to use it because AP is so rampant.
---
Yes
#3shadyelfPosted 1/22/2013 11:08:33 AM
They should add a passive slow to one of his skills but change his model so that he has a phage instead of a sword.
---
?
#4Chako-PHPosted 1/22/2013 11:11:44 AM
shadyelf posted...
They should add a passive slow to one of his skills but change his model so that he has a phage instead of a sword.

Yi should whack your head using that phage. Using all of the Highlander's duration to tear your brain into pieces. There, he will see the passive slowness of your brain.
---
If I ain't trolling, that would be a problem :D
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#5Neo_PortaPottyPosted 1/22/2013 11:14:39 AM
Ad jungle yi actually is fairly good ATM if the team has cc or tanks characters elsewhere.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#6shadyelfPosted 1/22/2013 11:17:23 AM
shadyelf posted...

Yi should whack your head using that phage. Using all of the Highlander's duration to tear your brain into pieces. There, he will see the passive slowness of your brain.

Yi is my friend he'd never do that.
---
?
#7Chako-PHPosted 1/22/2013 11:28:45 AM
shadyelf posted...
shadyelf posted...

Yi is my friend he'd never do that.

He's your friend that's why he will do that, he will not let you suffer anymore in this world.
---
If I ain't trolling, that would be a problem :D
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#8reaver89Posted 1/22/2013 11:45:29 AM
I don't understand the nerfs. AP Yi is only over-powered in proving grounds and no one cares about that. And if you pick Yi in ABAM, you're a horrible person who probably doesn't have any friends because you hate for other people to have fun and bathe in puppy tears while eating kittens. YOU ARE THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

If the amount of people playing a certain champion is the indicator for who should be nerfed, I would hope Katarina gets one before Yi.
#9The_PwnisherPosted 1/22/2013 11:49:59 AM
I don't see why they rework Darius without nerfing him but an old champion like Yi they nerf, wtf Riot.
#10FlameLord23Posted 1/22/2013 12:01:30 PM
reaver89 posted...
I don't understand the nerfs. AP Yi is only over-powered in proving grounds and no one cares about that. And if you pick Yi in ABAM, you're a horrible person who probably doesn't have any friends because you hate for other people to have fun and bathe in puppy tears while eating kittens. YOU ARE THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

If the amount of people playing a certain champion is the indicator for who should be nerfed, I would hope Katarina gets one before Yi.

Yi is OP everywhere. All he needs is an enemy to be close to death, use ult then alpha strike. It resets when he gets the kill. The problem is that he scales insanely high off AP. His meditate scales at 4X his AP and alpha strike is 1-1 scaling.

They also nerf Kat pretty much every other patch. She's been nerfed more than Irelia iirc.

The_Pwnisher posted...
I don't see why they rework Darius without nerfing him but an old champion like Yi they nerf, wtf Riot.

You obviously don't understand how this works. Darius's skillset is the problem so they're reworking him. AP Yi the problem is the insane scaling so they can tone that down and he's then balance. Darius cannot be balanced with his skillset, it is inherently OP. Same with Kat, Amumu, and all the "OP" champions, they are hard to defeat due to their abilities, not the scaling.

Nerfs are done to bring balance to champions that have good move sets but the abilities are too strong/not strong enough. Reworks are done when a champion has broken abilities or has useless abilities.

TC AD yi is unaffected by these nerfs. Only AP Yi was targeted. As he needs to be.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths