really hope they tone down the yi nerfs, or at least buff ad yi

#11Chako-PHPosted 1/22/2013 12:02:07 PM
The_Pwnisher posted...
I don't see why they rework Darius without nerfing him but an old champion like Yi they nerf, wtf Riot.

can i know the darius rework on your country .. thanks ..
---
If I ain't trolling, that would be a problem :D
Demacia shall not fall. Noxus, now and forever.
#12The_PwnisherPosted 1/22/2013 12:06:51 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
reaver89 posted...
I don't understand the nerfs. AP Yi is only over-powered in proving grounds and no one cares about that. And if you pick Yi in ABAM, you're a horrible person who probably doesn't have any friends because you hate for other people to have fun and bathe in puppy tears while eating kittens. YOU ARE THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

If the amount of people playing a certain champion is the indicator for who should be nerfed, I would hope Katarina gets one before Yi.

Yi is OP everywhere. All he needs is an enemy to be close to death, use ult then alpha strike. It resets when he gets the kill. The problem is that he scales insanely high off AP. His meditate scales at 4X his AP and alpha strike is 1-1 scaling.

They also nerf Kat pretty much every other patch. She's been nerfed more than Irelia iirc.

The_Pwnisher posted...
I don't see why they rework Darius without nerfing him but an old champion like Yi they nerf, wtf Riot.

You obviously don't understand how this works. Darius's skillset is the problem so they're reworking him. AP Yi the problem is the insane scaling so they can tone that down and he's then balance. Darius cannot be balanced with his skillset, it is inherently OP. Same with Kat, Amumu, and all the "OP" champions, they are hard to defeat due to their abilities, not the scaling.

Nerfs are done to bring balance to champions that have good move sets but the abilities are too strong/not strong enough. Reworks are done when a champion has broken abilities or has useless abilities.

TC AD yi is unaffected by these nerfs. Only AP Yi was targeted. As he needs to be.

AP Yi was the only thing viable past 800 elo, while it was ridiculous he should be reworked and not just nerfed and forgotten. Darius is not op, he may be annoying but to do omgwtf true damage he has to have 5 stacks of his passive. He may be good against other melee heroes but against ranged he can't do much, this all comes down to counterpicking Darius, Riot's supposed rework will make Darius way weaker, when all that needs to be done is changing his passive to physical damage and making his W not slow attack speed.
#13The_PwnisherPosted 1/22/2013 12:08:54 PM
Chako-PH posted...
The_Pwnisher posted...

can i know the darius rework on your country .. thanks ..

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/morellos-thoughts-on-reworking-darius.html
#14Solid_Acid12Posted 1/22/2013 12:46:22 PM
Good. Im tired of people playing ap yi and not contributing to team fights because they're alpha strike didn't kill anyone.
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#15chaoshadouPosted 1/22/2013 12:58:26 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
reaver89 posted...
I don't understand the nerfs. AP Yi is only over-powered in proving grounds and no one cares about that. And if you pick Yi in ABAM, you're a horrible person who probably doesn't have any friends because you hate for other people to have fun and bathe in puppy tears while eating kittens. YOU ARE THE REASON WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

If the amount of people playing a certain champion is the indicator for who should be nerfed, I would hope Katarina gets one before Yi.

Yi is OP everywhere. All he needs is an enemy to be close to death, use ult then alpha strike. It resets when he gets the kill. The problem is that he scales insanely high off AP. His meditate scales at 4X his AP and alpha strike is 1-1 scaling.

They also nerf Kat pretty much every other patch. She's been nerfed more than Irelia iirc.

The_Pwnisher posted...

You obviously don't understand how this works. Darius's skillset is the problem so they're reworking him. AP Yi the problem is the insane scaling so they can tone that down and he's then balance. Darius cannot be balanced with his skillset, it is inherently OP. Same with Kat, Amumu, and all the "OP" champions, they are hard to defeat due to their abilities, not the scaling.

Nerfs are done to bring balance to champions that have good move sets but the abilities are too strong/not strong enough. Reworks are done when a champion has broken abilities or has useless abilities.

TC AD yi is unaffected by these nerfs. Only AP Yi was targeted. As he needs to be.

AP yi op? Darius OP? What?
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#16reaver89Posted 1/22/2013 1:00:17 PM
Solid_Acid12 posted...
Good. Im tired of people playing ap yi and not contributing to team fights because they're alpha strike didn't kill anyone.

A good AP Yi knows how to meditate and be a meatshield focus in teamfights. Alpha strike in meditate and have teammates take them down while they are futilely focusing you.

Either way, your sentiment is how I feel about Shaco, but that's off-topic.
#17TomorrowDogPosted 1/22/2013 1:09:52 PM
AP Yi should be permanently killed. It is like Darius squared. He either nukes the enemy team repeatedly and takes every kill that his team set up for him or he casts one spell and then does nothing for his team. Darius at least builds tanky and has CC to be a contributing factor when he isn't playing dominoes with his ult.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#18Bizen247Posted 1/22/2013 1:13:12 PM
FlameLord23 posted...

Darius's skillset is the problem so they're reworking him.

CC, ever heard of it?
---
We make expand, then defense it.
#19The_PwnisherPosted 1/22/2013 1:35:30 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
AP Yi should be permanently killed. It is like Darius squared. He either nukes the enemy team repeatedly and takes every kill that his team set up for him or he casts one spell and then does nothing for his team. Darius at least builds tanky and has CC to be a contributing factor when he isn't playing dominoes with his ult.

I agree it is an annoying trend and they should give Master Yi a proper rework instead of wasting time reworking Darius. Darius is the only case that comes to mind where Riot didn't mercilessly beat them with the nerf stick and instead rework said champion.
#20OgreBattle019(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:58:21 PM
no reason to make an entire champ useless
---
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio