I see no point in playing udyr

#1VikillaVPosted 1/22/2013 12:07:23 PM
totally outclassed champ. other junglers have better clearing times, better ganks or better counterjungling
---
The Lakers are a 100% legitimate garbage basketball team.
bond21 is the GOAT poster on the NBAB and is 3/3 in sig bets
#2AdraenPosted 1/22/2013 12:09:11 PM
He's a good counterjungler while building tanky AND having good single-target damage along with some AoE...

Build and play him right and he just runs at the ADC and stuns and does good damage for a tank.

Build Black Cleaver somewhere in there with Tiger Stance and BOOM BOOM BOOM GET COVER
---
Current weight: 17 stone, 7 pounds. Age: 15 Weight lost: 0st 0 pounds. Date started: 21 January, 2013. Wish me luck.
#3chaoshadouPosted 1/22/2013 12:10:57 PM
His new passive addition makes him stupid tanky.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#4brazil00Posted 1/22/2013 12:12:12 PM
Udyr Top is awesome
#5TomorrowDogPosted 1/22/2013 12:14:22 PM
No other champion has constant AoE magic damage and 200 health shields and multi-target stuns on a 6 second cooldown.

Also few champions have the damage potential of Tiger stance early game.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6EDumeyPosted 1/22/2013 12:14:32 PM
totally outclassed champ. other junglers have better clearing times, better ganks or better counterjungling

Yes but do any champs have better clear times, better ganks, AND better conunter jungling?

Udyr is by design strong in all three of those categories. The problem is that those categories make him a very strong control jungler, which simply isn't in style right now. He is more than decent clears to move around the jungle fast, he has hard CC and good damage, which makes his ganks workable, and he's a great duelist, making him perfect for sticking around in the enemy jungle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#7Rookie_JetPosted 1/22/2013 12:19:26 PM
EDumey posted...

Yes but do any champs have better clear times, better ganks, AND better conunter jungling?

Udyr is by design strong in all three of those categories. The problem is that those categories make him a very strong control jungler, which simply isn't in style right now. He is more than decent clears to move around the jungle fast, he has hard CC and good damage, which makes his ganks workable, and he's a great duelist, making him perfect for sticking around in the enemy jungle.

Skarner is frequently debated as the better version of Udyr in all 3 categories.
#8Chrikke666Posted 1/22/2013 12:20:10 PM
He is still the best counterjungler in my opinion. Screw the Lee Sin/Mundo bandwagon.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#9AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/22/2013 12:31:26 PM(edited)
Uh, Udyr's ganks aren't strong at all. He literally requires his lanemates to have some sort of CC on them in order to be effective in that area, since he's easily kited and has no way to close distance beyond running up and hitting someone. His stun isn't even that impressive, being 1 second and unable to stun anyone more than once every 6 seconds.

He's tankier now, which is a good step for him, and still a great counter-jungler and invader, but his major problem still exists - Udyr cannot catch most champions all by his little lonesome. He needs help, and if help doesn't exist, he's SOL.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Other Miami Sports: LOL
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#10justcusimasianPosted 1/22/2013 12:24:27 PM
Have to agree with the above, despite Udyr being my long-time favorite champ and first jungler I learned. No matter what you do to his stats, certain team comps (or even individual champs) will kite and shut him down hard.
---
XBL GT- DeathByToffee