Noobish question. If all the champions are locked and I don't have enough to...

#1Joker98Posted 1/22/2013 10:51:16 PM
unlock them, do I just wait until I acquire more riot points etc?

When I go to choose my champion before a game, they're all locked and I can't choose 'random' either because when I go to lock in, it says "You can't play with locked champions" or w/e.

Halp? I just started playing btw.
---
~B**** be S****** up in H***.Up in H***. Up in H***.
#2dragonfire55Posted 1/22/2013 10:53:59 PM
You can't get Riot Points through playing the game. Riot Points are bought with real money. You can earn IP though, and that's the only way to get champions if you do not want to spend money on the game. Every week there's free champions for you to play, so you can choose out of those until you accrue enough IP to buy a champion that you like to play.

IP is also used to buy runes, and the ONLY way to get runes, so just be sure to save up a decent amount by the time you hit level 20, as if you do not have runes the early game will be very difficult for you.
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#3SorrySleepingPosted 1/22/2013 10:55:26 PM
There are 10 free champions a week for you to play. Play games to earn IP. Use IP to unlock champions permanently.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#4DarksteelPosted 1/22/2013 11:05:30 PM
dragonfire55 posted...
You can't get Riot Points through playing the game. Riot Points are bought with real money. You can earn IP though, and that's the only way to get champions if you do not want to spend money on the game. Every week there's free champions for you to play, so you can choose out of those until you accrue enough IP to buy a champion that you like to play.

IP is also used to buy runes, and the ONLY way to get runes, so just be sure to save up a decent amount by the time you hit level 20, as if you do not have runes the early game will be very difficult for you.

Just got this game, how much is a "decent amount?"
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#504DarkPosted 1/22/2013 11:06:22 PM
From: dragonfire55 | Posted: 1/23/2013 12:53:59 AM | #002
IP is also used to buy runes, and the ONLY way to get runes, so just be sure to save up a decent amount by the time you hit level 20...

How much IP do you think a person would need to fully stuck up on however much space one rune page can hold? I'm level 14 right now, I have 7000 IP.
I've only bought one champion, Gangplank for like 3100.... Also Ashe, but she was only 400.
Don't plan on buying any more champions, so all my IP for now on will likely be saved for runes.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#6Shadow EdgePosted 1/22/2013 11:08:16 PM(edited)
dragonfire55 posted...

Just got this game, how much is a "decent amount?"

~10-11k will completely fill a page, and nearly all of those will be reused for other pages.

Most important would be Flat Armor yellows. I think they cost 450IP each. It's necessary for jungling. Next up is any combination of Flat and Scaling Magic Resist blues, because every role uses it.
---
ns
#704DarkPosted 1/22/2013 11:08:59 PM
That answers my question also, thanks.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#8gfshynoblPosted 1/22/2013 11:14:54 PM
12k ip should be saved up by lvl 20
for ad page , you would want
arpen reds
armor yellows