I kind of miss being a newbie.

#1teh_hellspawnPosted 1/22/2013 11:20:08 PM
I've had every champion for a good few months now, but looking back on it, I kinda miss being a newbie.

Just looking at that absolutely huge list of champions, from the simple 450 to the elusive 6300, and busting my balls to get a 6300 was a big deal at the time. Played for about 2 days straight to save up and get Swain when he was off free week.

It was always really exciting to unlock a new champion and figure out what they did, instead of seeing everything unlocked and knowing what they do. Smurf accounts just aren't the same. :c
---
Ride Ze Shoopuf?
#2cobbilPosted 1/22/2013 11:23:32 PM
I'm very new to LoL and I did bust my hump to get Ahri. Best use of my IP, imo. A great sense of accomplishment when I walked into my first game with her unlocked and everyone else using the free champs.
#3Ravid182Posted 1/22/2013 11:45:16 PM(edited)
Yeah I have had all the champs for about a year at this point [of course getting the new ones as they came out] and I do kinda miss it.

It was fun saving up for that new champion and all.

I have even gotten to the point where I am just spending my IP on about every useless rune I can find. I think if I went hardcore on it I could have every rune in the game in a couple weeks or so lol. If not a lot sooner.

It kinda had that RPG satisfaction to it.

I wish there was more stuff to buy with IP.

Like Ward skins to spend all my bonus IP on would be good. Or other fun stuff.

Honestly it would make me buy more RP too because right now I just save up IP for whenever the new champ comes out, and spend the rest on runes [of which the ones I am buying are ones I would never use at this point]
#4Susan0Posted 1/23/2013 3:47:35 AM
The days where you can build whatever the hell you want and carry, you were unique since you owned a specific champ, everyone in the game was bad (excl Smurfs) , alas those days are behind us.
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#5BiglabronPosted 1/23/2013 3:54:39 AM
having all the champions in the game doesn't mean you are not a newb. Skill level is based on you not how much content you own.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!