Is Kha still dominant after his nerfs?

#1Slayer1217Posted 1/23/2013 11:14:53 AM
Is he going to be nerfed anymore?

I'm thinking of buying him.
---
https://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.png
#2shadyelfPosted 1/23/2013 11:19:26 AM
He's still very strong. I'd expect nerfs until he's like Rengar.
---
?
#3HardcoreFtwPosted 1/23/2013 11:26:08 AM
yes by far
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#4Slayer1217(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:29:05 AM
What is the reason for this? I only played against one Kha mid but he stomped me pretty hard. I was Fizz and I am used to completely rolling over people and bursting them down easily. The problem is that he simply did more damage than me. Fizz's strength in bursting was just completely overshadowed by Kha Zix.

Is this because in mid he gets the bonus damage to isolated targets?
---
https://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.png
#5imowfacesPosted 1/23/2013 11:38:42 AM
i was wondering this as well i just hit lvl 20 so i wanted a good top/mid and jungle champ i was going to go with kha, but he looked hard to play so i picked up rengar instead. wasn't a bad choice still wish i picked up kha instead.

i also picked up zed didnt think be as fun as he is. coming from supporting 1-20 any dmg would be fun i guess. i still cant get his burst down the way i want to tho. i do W>E>Q>R>W to hit them with auto att or another Q if i can.
---
i7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Vapor X 7970
#6B01tPosted 1/23/2013 1:53:18 PM
Slayer1217 posted...
What is the reason for this? I only played against one Kha mid but he stomped me pretty hard. I was Fizz and I am used to completely rolling over people and bursting them down easily. The problem is that he simply did more damage than me. Fizz's strength in bursting was just completely overshadowed by Kha Zix.

Is this because in mid he gets the bonus damage to isolated targets?

2 parts to the fizz/kha matchup
1: Kha'zix has better burst early game, sheerly due to his Q. It's a lot weaker, but still good, if you're not isolated. Manipulate this by sticking near caster minions etc.
2: Fizz's burst doesn't truly come in until mid game when he has some AP( such as deathcap) and lichbane.

Kha'zix scales well, but not as well as fizz, into lategame. However, Particularly early game, fizz will have to outplay the kha'zix, and that takes some knowledge of the champions and the matchup itself.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#7haku10Posted 1/23/2013 1:59:17 PM
imowfaces posted...
i was wondering this as well i just hit lvl 20 so i wanted a good top/mid and jungle champ i was going to go with kha, but he looked hard to play so i picked up rengar instead. wasn't a bad choice still wish i picked up kha instead.

i also picked up zed didnt think be as fun as he is. coming from supporting 1-20 any dmg would be fun i guess. i still cant get his burst down the way i want to tho. i do W>E>Q>R>W to hit them with auto att or another Q if i can.

On Zed, start your burst with R.

As for Kha, he is still really strong. What was good about him before was his evolved W and evolved E. His evolved W allows him to push his lane fast which enables him to roam often and snowball other lanes. His evolved E has huge range and refreshes CD on kill or assist which makes him an extremely mobile and effective assassin. Neither of these things got nerfed when they "nerfed" him.
#8B01tPosted 1/23/2013 4:27:30 PM
haku10 posted...
imowfaces posted...

On Zed, start your burst with R.

As for Kha, he is still really strong. What was good about him before was his evolved W and evolved E. His evolved W allows him to push his lane fast which enables him to roam often and snowball other lanes. His evolved E has huge range and refreshes CD on kill or assist which makes him an extremely mobile and effective assassin. Neither of these things got nerfed when they "nerfed" him.

Yeah. While the Q nerf is a signficant nerf to damage, it was his W's safe poking more than anything that was giving people trouble.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#9VoidgolemPosted 1/23/2013 4:37:09 PM
...they didn't even nerf the thing that makes him a dominant mid. Why wouldn't he still be?
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg